Creationist museum auctioning 40,000 year old mastodon skull

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think I can see the humor in it as well. People aren't buying into their theory of man and dinosaurs co-existing together... unless they're from Dinotopia :rolleyes:
If I had the money I'd buy the mastodon skull and then donate it (tax write off) to a real museum. Pretty nifty thing to have.

Hmm, sez that Noah had dinosaurs aboard his ark... now given the size of a Diplodocus carnegiei: 25-27 m (83-88 ft) or the temperment of a hungry Tyrannosaurus then counting Triceratops, and various raptors... on top of all the other fur bearing mammals he had on board... must've been mighty crowded in that thar boat.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I find funny is that they need to sell a 40,000 year old skull to keep the museum open. The museum is set up to teach that the earth is far less then 40,000 years old ;)

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Heritage auction will also include other natural history items, including a 26-pound gold nugget found in Mexico that is expected to fetch at least $1 million.-Copyright 2008 The Associated Press.

Ill take it

B

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gotta admit I lust after that extinct pachyderm's ivory. OF course, that's why the living ones are so close to extinction themselves :(

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
What I find funny is that they need to sell a 40,000 year old skull to keep the museum open. The museum is set up to teach that the earth is far less then 40,000 years old ;)

"Young Earth" creationists believe that the earth is less than 10k years old. And they are selling a 40k year old skull...
Sweet, sweet irony.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
They claim it's inaccurate. Or, from personal experience, they'll say it's the work of Satan.

I've found that most fundamentalist Christians believe that anything that doesn't fit the mold of their belief system is the work of evil spirits or Satan her/himself.
My mother in law thinks that the fact that I listen to black metal has caused evil spirits to follow me around. Funny, I haven't noticed...

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is why I hate those stupid ****ing christians with their stupid crap. Creationist museum? As if years of scientific research takes a backseat to fairly stories written in the bible. Sure science is great when it saves your life, provides you medicine or provides pretty much everything that makes life easier but when it says your a nutjob for holding so tightly to something everyone knows is not the truth they shun it.

I both wanna see the skull sold to get it away from those nutjobs and the museum fail somehow. Though they'll probably eventually star taking collections and soliciting through televangelists saying god needs the museum open.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They claim it's inaccurate. Or, from personal experience, they'll say it's the work of Satan.
i knew that, silly me, proven scientific technology is pure evil. I still cant believe they let us come up with, written languages, mathmatics and time. We are all going to burn in hell :D

B

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
My mother in law thinks that the fact that I listen to black metal has caused evil spirits to follow me around. Funny, I haven't noticed...

Considering the swill you were drinking the last time we met I'd say she was right about the evil spirits :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's my question.

If scientists date it 40,000 years, but the premise of the group selling is that science is wrong, then, how does truth in advertising laws effect the listing?

Or, is it hypocritical or wrong to claim what one believes is false to be true just to make some money to promote that belief?

actually, that made my head hurt.

Latest Discussions