Could this be the reason for the 2nd Amendment....

DuneViking

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Greetings,

I hav'ta agree with questioning the leap to the 2nd amendment. This appears to be merely an administrative shortcut to save lives. Nowhere does it mention outright, nor infer, that civilians or the President are bypassed, merely the Ambassador.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
DuneViking said:
Greetings,

I hav'ta agree with questioning the leap to the 2nd amendment. This appears to be merely an administrative shortcut to save lives. Nowhere does it mention outright, nor infer, that civilians or the President are bypassed, merely the Ambassador.
NO NO NO! The military and the government (under that evil usurper warmongering Bush at least) is EVIL I tell you EVIL and will enslave all you mindless drones...you guys just dont get it. ;)

tgace-NeoCon consultant and chair of the skullduggery dept.

Gray Phoenix

Green Belt
Reaction score
The purpose of the 2nd amendment is to ensure that the government does not forget that it derives its power form the governed.

As to the alleged point:shrug: of the thread, what is the purpose of the Ambassador? Years ago, the position was indeed the representative of the the executive office, however in the age of the telephone, inot modern communications, the ambassador is a token position. It means nothing, other than a formal gesture of recognition.

I dont imagine that special ops units operating on foriegn soil have done anything with out a Civilian oversight. As to the legality of the action, that is for another thread.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If what you say is true, I would be worried about your lack of imagination.

But, if the Gun Owners of America are not worried about it, I guess everything is A O K then.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Guys ... It seems you are seeing a negative where I am applying a positive, or vice versa.

Isn't the second amendment supposed to protect the citizenry from a military that reaches across the political bounds granted. When the military can act whenever, and where ever it wishes, without civilian authority ... isn't that the reason the Second Amendment folks claim the second amendment is so important? Or am I listening to too many Militia types?

I thought in our country, the civilians held authority over the military.
I thought that was pretty much what you were getting at, and I would tend to agree.

As to the alleged point:shrug: of the thread, what is the purpose of the Ambassador?
To marry Mexican billionares heiresses?

DuneViking

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
NO NO NO! The military and the government (under that evil usurper warmongering Bush at least) is EVIL I tell you EVIL and will enslave all you mindless drones...you guys just dont get it. ;)

tgace-NeoCon consultant and chair of the skullduggery dept.
You R 2 Phunnee!!!%-} Avast! Stand fast and prepare to be boarded! Arrrrr G! LOL
Nice to see humor!!

Latest Discussions