Constable Stephen Carroll

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/mar/13/carroll-funeral-northern-ireland-police

The hope that he didn't die in vain is in the fact at his funeral tody all parties in Nothern Ireland were represented and a strong message is being sent to the terrorists who gunned this policeman down, shooting him in the back as he was going about his police duties.

Carroll's sister-in-law, Deidre, was reading from Ecclesiastes. "There is a season for everything, a time for every occupation under the sun … a time for killing and a time for healing … a time for war and a time for peace."

His wife said
"she felt dead inside. "I just hope he hasn't died in vain. We only get one chance in life and that piece of land [where he will be laid to rest] is just a piece of land and my husband is going to get just six foot by six foot of it.
"That's all any of us are going to get, and why don't they realise this, and talk to each other. Why not enjoy your life, it's short, very very short."

Wise words from a heart broken woman.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My sincere hopes that your death was not in vain, honoured sir and that the grief your loved ones must pay is price enough for change.

Latest Discussions