confused!!!!

Reaction score
ive heard so many diferent arts that seem to be connected to muay thai like muay boran , krabi krabong , burmese boxing , lerdrit (sp?) , lethwei.

i dont even know if some of these are the same art or not!

could somebody please put a brief description on any of these arts aswell as any others and what the diferences are from from eachother?

thanks for any replies,

chris

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Excellent info Andrew. Muay Boran is a combination of the older muay thai styles (muay chaiya, muay korat, muay lopburi, muay ta sao). It was developed by the Thai Government Department of Physical Education in order to keep these older styles alive. Krabi Krabong (sword & stick) is the weapons based system of the Thai and was the beginning of the Thai martial arts. Lerdrit is the military form of muay thai. It contains joint locks, breaks and throws. It is similar to muay koshasan (elephant boxing style) aka muay chang tumlai roang (smashing elephant boxing style). In these muay arts, the arms are used similar to an elephants trunk to break and smash joints and limbs. It resembles movements in aikido.

Alex

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I love the wikipedia. I get lost on there while I'm at work!

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

lol you and me both bro!

you know they also have a history of the origins of ''rude'' words! lol....not that i was searching or anything.( :

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score

Just the other day someone walked up to my desk, looked at my computer screen and said: "You and that wikipedia." I guess that is a testament to my love of the wiki.

Alex

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow, didn't ever think the wikipedia would be guilty of hijacking a thread :D

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Its funny you guys started talking about wikipedia. I have a student that I started calling wiki because he remembers every thing you tell him about muay thai. He is a walking encyclopedia.

Latest Discussions