Conditioning

Tony Groom

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I practise shukukai karate and bjj, just moved in to a new house with a smallish garden. I want a really heavy bag to condition fists shin etc or just something I can kick and punch elbow etc to achieve the desired results. Any suggestions of something I can use or buy to condition all my striking?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi, I practise shukukai karate and bjj, just moved in to a new house with a smallish garden. I want a really heavy bag to condition fists shin etc or just something I can kick and punch elbow etc to achieve the desired results. Any suggestions of something I can use or buy to condition all my striking?
Heavy Bag is pretty much what you are stuck with. There's some other stuff available but may be more expensive than a heavy bag.

OP
T

Tony Groom

White Belt
Reaction score
Heavy Bag is pretty much what you are stuck with. There's some other stuff available but may be more expensive than a heavy bag.
Thats cool, but which is the best heavy bag or where do i get a big old bag and a frame that works?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thats cool, but which is the best heavy bag or where do i get a big old bag and a frame that works?
The only ones I know of is Everlast, Last Punch, and Century. You may be able to check out a gym and see what they recommend as they would get considerably more use out of bags to know where the flaws are if any. I only know Everlast and Century.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Title makes a very good product but they are pricey. If you want a freestanding bag & frame (not suspended from the ceiling) check out Title.
I haven’t hit a Title bag, but I have some other stuff from them. Everything’s been great quality. Yes they’re more expensive than the average big-box sporting goods store, but not ridiculously more. Definitely worth the investment. I can’t imagine their bags would be any different.

Bags are a personal thing though. They all provide different feedback, and what one person loves, another loathes.

Latest Discussions