Compassion

C

chufeng

Compassion comes in many forms.

Sometimes, lending an ear and a shoulder to lean on is appropriate.

Sometimes, however, compassion comes in the shape of a boot planted firmly on one's backside.

When one is feeling sorry for oneself...a good jolt sometimes helps...to FEED the behavior with things like "Oh, it's alright...yes so and so is being mean...it's not your fault..." ENABLES the individual to continue in a funk and reinforces the "victim" mentality...
Most people in martial arts don't want to be viewed as victims...
Many start martial arts to PREVENT being a victim in the future...

For those who thought my comment in another thread was out of line; clearly, you do not understand the motivation behind it...Yiliquan1 figured it out and I think RyuShiKan could see where I was coming from...

I won't apologize...
the inividual who started the thread admitted that he was just whining...that self-assessment was what I hoped would happen.

and, btw, I'm not interested in debating this...just wanted to clarify my point.

:asian:
chufeng

OP
M

Master of Blades

Even tho I completly agree with you and did see where you were coming from.....What was the point of stating it if your not willing to debate it? I'm pretty sure that at least one person will. You would probably have been better off just leaving it alone and perhaps speaking to the person himself. Other then that the only reason I can think of that you started this thread was to prove that you were right and that you got what you wanted? But I spose its up to you........Just my two cents :asian:

:rofl: :shrug: :asian:

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"I meant to do that."

PeeWeeHerman.JPG

OP
F

fringe_dweller

Originally posted by chufeng

Compassion comes in many forms.

Sometimes, lending an ear and a shoulder to lean on is appropriate.

Sometimes, however, compassion comes in the shape of a boot planted firmly on one's backside.

chufeng

I agree with you. I think the problem is that sometimes it's hard to determine the tone people are using in a written medium. Probably explains the misunderstanding within the thread you are referring to.

Respectfully

OP
C

chufeng

:confused:

Prove I'm right?

What proof?

I simply clarified a point (in this thread, since the other was already locked by the time I read it again)...

I may have been wrong...maybe the individual needed to vent and was simply using us as a sounding board...

...then again, maybe he needed a boot in the butt...

Only HE can answer that.

Have a nice day...:shrug:

btw, nice picture of PeeWee...

chufeng