Commando Krav Maga? Is it any good?

Maddogkull

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Krav Maga Commando? Is it any good? I am just saying this because I have heard from numerous sources that Commando Krav Maga isn’t the same Krav Maga Israeli forces teach.
Is this true?

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ta da!

To Commando Krav Maga Instructors

I am honestly sorry to have to write this article. But guys, come on be honest. How much credibility can you expect from a 3 day course ? You cant compare a long weekend to the real thing.

Commando Krav Maga in a nutshell
CKM is a civilian system created by Judo Instructor Moni Aizik. Aizik attempted to associate him self with both Krav Maga and the Israeli Military via his fictional military exploits.

Not quite as sexy as the story Moni tells is it.....

All very comprehensive, with further links on the link at the bottom.

So, erm, yeah. It seems to be true.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not know anything about Moni or CKM. However, if someone gets an instructorship in a one weekend course then that my friends is someone I do not want to train under!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ta da!

All very comprehensive, with further links on the link at the bottom.

So, erm, yeah. It seems to be true.

Nice Waltenkommando job there son!

Rather than do Commando Krav Maga everything you need to know is contained in this book!

guide.jpg

I could tell you where to buy it it but I'd have to kill you afterwards! Shh FD knows where too.

Spork3245

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Moni Aizak is a fraud and a liar. His orginization is currently self-imploding on the house of lies and exaggerations he built it on. His techniques are NOT Krav Maga and WILL get you killed or injured in a real-life situation.
IKMA, KMF, IKMF - These are the orginizations you should join. IMO, IKMA is the best, by far, but that's my opinion, others will have different opinions, I don't wish to start a debate.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ADMIN NOTE:

Thread has been moved to The Great Debate. Please take note of the rules for this section.

MJS
MT Asst. Admin

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Commando Krav Maga may feel a bit liberating at first, but at some point you'll wish you wore your cup!

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Commando Krav Maga may feel a bit liberating at first, but at some point you'll wish you wore your cup!

"Pretending your G.I.Joe may feel a bit liberating at first, but at some point you'll wish you told the truth".

There, fixed that for ya :) (man, read the link info..)

LOL, i'll go mind my business now

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was playing loose with the word 'commando', suggesting another definition.

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Any art is what you make of it. As for the commando krav maga I think the title is very misleading. From all the research I've done Moni was in the army he just didn't do anything special as he was a fitness instructor, and he did teach self defense but that was the extent of it. He was a non combat soldier. Any fairy tales he made up to sell a product are now coming back to bite him in the booty.

Judo/Japanese JiuJitsu is actually the type of instruction you're getting from the research I put into it since I've seen the guy on the history channel before. So I can't say whether the instruction will get you killed or hurt as lots of arts can potentially do the same thing. Except that if you were going to train using these techniques to supplement them with something else. Like actual Krav Maga or aikido, kempo, boxing, or something that helps your technique. I don't care how no holds barred it is or if you get beaten for six months for an instructor mantle. When an instructor is called out for his reputation in order to preserve the reputation of your training you need to either supplement some cross training into it. Or if its that alone to call it anything but ckm. hybrid survival, or whatever.

All I've read is the guy is a great martial artist and he can teach. He is just a bad business man and has been for awhile. Even before he adopted the ckm moniker. Even then all he called it was combat survival. He may be a pathological liar when it comes to background but everything else points to his system as a self defense system. I can't verify how good it is. But now that he has been called on his bull ****. Your friend may want preserve his rep by calling it something else other than ckm.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was playing loose with the word 'commando', suggesting another definition.

Commando. Playing loose.

Sometimes when these threads come back to life I crack myself up with the stuff I wrote years ago.

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I hear you but some times revisiting can be a good thing. Seeing how things turned out now. "Commando" can anybody actually play loose with this or would you actually have to tighten it up a bit?

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I hear you but some times revisiting can be a good thing. Seeing how things turned out now. "Commando" can anybody actually play loose with this or would you actually have to tighten it up a bit?

After extensive research I see that Moni is selling is bull **** in Israel this year. I wish this guy would have his fall where he is stripped of using the name CKM. He is going to get a lot of people hurt. I'm sure they aren't going to exercise.