Reaction score
hi , i just wanted to start a random thread about muay thai because there doesnt seem to be much activity in the muay thai forum , so lets just talk about something to do with muay thai , lets start with , erm , who do you prefer , tony jaa or ramon dekker/s , and give reasony why!

links just incase you have never seen any o them before:

tony jaa:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5160687959094960616&q=tony+jaa

ramon dekker/s:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4629610943890598012&q=ramon+dekkers

chris

isukgrar

White Belt
Reaction score
Ramon is one of the legend of MT, his perfoemance was cool and he could beat many of Thai MT boxers.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ramon Dekker!!!all the way...amninly because though he fights and erm...Tony jumps around a lot!lol

what about cro cop or wandi?

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
rah Chris I just saw your logo you fight for minitours?
good to see another englishmen here!

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
chris_มวยไทย said:
lol thanks , do you go minotaurs? , i go to the new one , we used to be dragon thai , its in hitchin

No my camp is very small its only been around for about 5 years so are production of fighters is quite slow...okay really slow,I hear a lot of good things from minotours though,I've trained a couple times with a guy called Sam Wells down Alpertons Fitness first.
He's a good fighter.

OP
chris_มวยไทย
Reaction score
kool , my club only recently joined the minotaurs , we have a lot of good fighters , ive only been doing muay thai for a few months thought , i used to do a bit of evrything thought , because i had a lot of freinds that did all diferent arts (basic seld defence , kempo jujitsu , judo , jujitsu , JKD)

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Love them both - every time I watch fights or fight scenes I can't seem to sit still. All my muscles keep twitching! Anyone else have that problem????

:matrix:

Zaii

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't quite understand what you're asking.

Tony Jaa (while a phenomenal acrobat and athlete) is an actor.

Ramon Dekkers is a fighter with an actual ring record.

The two of them aren't exactly in the same ballpark. It's like apples and oranges.

So what is the question exactly?

Giorgio

Green Belt
Reaction score
haha maybe he was asking whether we preferred watching real fights, even when they can be a bit dull, or if we prefer seeing triple axel flying kicks...n stuff. I'd have to go with ramon dekker, after training in muay thai, watching bouts becomes a lot more interesting, and you can learn from it too.