Colin Powell Endorses Obama

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno, but it was glowing, and tingly. My brain feels well washed and slightly perky.
ROFLMAO!!!

Seriously though, I'm less swayed by who is supporting someone, and more interested in the overall dynamics. Powell to me doesn't have much 'bang' anymore, but that doesn't mean others see him the same way. Here we have a former member of the current administration, who has historically supported the RP, now supporting the DC. I have to ask myself, "why". One then needs to really look at those reasons, roll them around and see how they fit for you. It's more than a "black" thing, which has been suggested by some on other sites. Powell gave some of his reasons, the same reasons other long time RP members are giving for their not supporting McCain. Mass defections hurt the DP some years back, now it swings in reverse. In a decade, it'll swing again.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that Bob's point is the biggest effect of the "endorsements." I think that very few people will actually be swayed by who endorses who....but it really shows the swings in historically republican or democratic people and organizations.

I've noticed an inordinate amount of strong republicans and republican organizations who have changed their "allegiance" for this election.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Obama: Powell will have a role in adminstration
olin Powell will have a role as a top presidential adviser in an Obama administration, the Democratic White House hopeful said Monday.

"He will have a role as one of my advisers," Barack Obama said on NBC's "Today" in an interview aired Monday, a day after Powell, a four-star general and President Bush's former secretary of state, endorsed him.

"Whether he wants to take a formal role, whether that's a good fit for him, is something we'd have to discuss," Obama said.