CMA in Tokyo, Japan esp. Xing Yi, Tai Chi, Yi Quan, Xin Yi Liu He Quan

David S

White Belt
Reaction score
I moved to Tokyo last year. I have some backgroud in Japanese martial arts and I might train at the Kodokan (Judo) when it opens up again. However, CMA interest me the most, I have done some Wing Chun but Tai Chi is the art I have practised the most.

I am looking for decent instructors of any of the listed arts. I lived in Singapore for a number of years and just before I left (!) I found a Sun style internal arts guy who was good but I no time to study with him.

I then lived in Shanghai, China, where by pure luck there was a Xin Yi Liu He Quan instructor. His teacher's teacher was Lu Song Gao. He was happy to teach me the basics of the 10 forms but not martial applications, as some of his previous students has misused the art. I would love to keep training but XYLH is very hard to find. It often gets confused with Xing Yi, but I would happily study Xing Yi also.

As has been posted before, I'm a little sceptical of these guys:

This guy is a Yi Quan instructor; I've been invited for a trial class:

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My teacher teaches Dai Family Xinyi Quan, Taiji & Wing Chun. I don't know how to judge him on those since I don't study any of them with him. I'm studying Ma Family Tongbi Quan from him.

Let me know if you want the contact info. In Tokyo, his classes are in the Toshima/Tabata area.

OP
D

David S

White Belt
Reaction score
My teacher teaches Dai Family Xinyi Quan, Taiji & Wing Chun. I don't know how to judge him on those since I don't study any of them with him. I'm studying Ma Family Tongbi Quan from him.

Let me know if you want the contact info. In Tokyo, his classes are in the Toshima/Tabata area.
Please could you pass me the contact info. Dai Xingyi is a very interesting system.

Latest Discussions