Civilian shooting school...more than paper targets...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many schools like this exist, but there should be a lot more...

http://bearingarms.com/force-on-force-shooting-center-catering-to-civilian-scenarios/

A new facility in Plano, Texas is now adapting some of these training tools and methodologies to provide force-on-force scenarios to mimics situations that citizens might encounter.

The training includes various levels of pistols and rifles classes that take participants beyond shooting at paper targets and place them in real-life scenarios. A Thursday night women’s self-defense class, for example, included attacker and home invasion scenarios. Classes average about three students and cost ranges from $80 to $300 per class.

I can drive 30 minutes to a nearby facility and learn “SWAT-lite” room clearing techniques, but Patriot Protection’s focus on thwarting home invaders and CCH-type scenarios is much more practical for anything this side of the zombie apocalypse, and I suspect that if it becomes widespread, it is going to save lives.
Let’s hope that his venture is successful, and that it replicated elsewhere.

Latest Discussions