Citizenship Agency Lost 111,000 Files

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me, that instead of trying to take away my constitutional rights in the name of fighting terrorism, that maybe instead government agencies should do their job correctly in the first place....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/28/AR2006112801402.html
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has lost track of 111,000 files in 14 of the agency's busiest district offices and processed as many as 30,000 citizenship applications last year without the necessary files, congressional investigators reported yesterday.
The Government Accountability Office, Congress's audit arm, conducted the review at the request of Sens. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) after U.S. authorities granted citizenship in 2002 to a man without checking his primary file. The file, which was lost, indicated ties to the militant Islamic group Hezbollah.
Collins, head of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, noted that some of the Sept. 11 hijackers entered the U.S. legally, disappearing until the terrorist attacks. She called it "unthinkable" that the U.S. immigration system could still grant citizenship to a potential terrorist "simply because they can't find the person's file."

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to hear Gingrich ***** on this for a while instead of freely speaking about how my free speech needs to be squashed.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man our government just keep getting better all the time, be a private citizen and loose that at a job and see what happens

Latest Discussions