CIA Director David Petraeus resigns

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeahm I saw why Patreus was retiring. It makes sense, because infedility could be used as a security risk, especially for a man in his position. Men make mistakes, but his would have caused all sorts of issues if he had not stepped down voluntarily and before other used his infidelity politically. I think Patreus was smart enough to know this and did the right thing for the CIA and the country.

Well given code of conduct I am wondering who it was has anyone herd yet? If it was a fellow officer or subordinate he had no choice but to resign shame seemed like agood man 37 year marraige long time lots going on there not fair to judge maybe over long time ago or he really stepped on a land mine?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do they bow to us?

Actions mean something in politics. This bowing crap has to be some sort of "if we humble ourselves they will like us" thing...we don't dip our flag...we don't bow to foriegn leaders.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't believe the affair explination. Two generals in AFRICOM lose their jobs over some lame reason and now Patreaus. There is a connection.

Only a naive fool or a political partisan would believe in coincidence regarding this....this is the CIA we are talking about here.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bowing? Most of us as martial arts bow and we aren't weak, bowing is considered polite in many places of the world, it used to be common in the USA and the UK until the early 20th century. Even today people will still do a modified bow to each other, as a nod, across a street, room etc anywhere they can't shake hands but want to acknowledge each other. No, I can't see that blaming him for bowing is fair!

Hence the ridiculous fantasizing!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is the beginning of another presidential term. This type of stuff happens often when a president's second term is about to start, especially with the more strssful jobs. I do not think it is odd at all.

Agreed.

Also, I don't care who gets his CIA spot--but can I have his mistress?

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I heard a name, but do not remember it. It is believed to be the author of his biography. She tried to gain access to his email accounts, which would have had limited access info on it. The CIA asked for the FBI to investigate her, which is kind of weird since normally the CIA does thier own internal investigations.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hence the ridiculous fantasizing!

I can't see why people are being so sensitive to be honest, if you are the biggest dog in the yard you can stand on your head with a feather duster stuck up your ****. and you are still the biggest, baddest dog in the yard. The stronger person can bow to whoever they like and they are still the stronger person. Just because you are such a young country doesn't mean you should be insecure about being American.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seen elsewhere:
Okay. Just so we’ve all got our history right:

1990′s: Use an ill-timed military exercise to divert attention from the botched handling of an extramarital affair.

2010′s: Use an ill-timed extramarital affair to divert attention from the botched handling of a military exercise.
Remember, Bill Clinton HAS been around a lot lately...

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't see why people are being so sensitive to be honest, if you are the biggest dog in the yard you can stand on your head with a feather duster stuck up your ****. and you are still the biggest, baddest dog in the yard. The stronger person can bow to whoever they like and they are still the stronger person. Just because you are such a young country doesn't mean you should be insecure about being American.

Rampant insecurity is a defining characteristic of our jingos.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I want to see The Queen of England bow to some other foreign leader.....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see The Queen of England bow to some other foreign leader.....

If there were such a person that is. If you mean Queen Elizabeth the Second if you have a chance to watch the Cenotaph Cermeony tomorrow from London you will indeed see her bow her head. When she mets politicians she shakes hands she doesn't require them to kneel to her which technically would be correct. The Queen isn't a leader btw.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting. Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it in the search. I see references to the drone for the first time in the news on Nov 6, the day of the election. The drone shootdown attempt apparently happened on Nov 1, which was before the election. I will look some more, but I do not see any news references to it before the 6th. If you have a link, I will stand corrected.

I know it had to have been reported ahead of time, because we were talking about it at work last Sunday... so someone here found out somehow.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So now, Petraeus won't be testifying before congress next week, and Clinton "Can't" because of her schedule...
Yeah, he resigned because of some bimbo...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She sounds pretty accomplished--not a bimbo. And apparently the FBI just found out 2 weeks ago about this and are suspecting that it could've amounted to a security breach too.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super power eh and with you owing China so much money they won't need to invade. Bend a knee or bow? false pride comes before a fall. If you are as sure of your power as you think you are your President could do anything he wanted with impunity. Insecurity shows, if he's powerful he can bow to everyone and he will still be regarded as powerful.

Protocol and sexual assault are two different things don't you think? You would be happy if someone felt up a woman of your family expecially an elderly woman, a grandmother at that?

Actually we are the remaining superpower. How do you think Libya would of been without us? It seemed EU was having trouble finishing it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Latest Discussions