• Live

• Artifical

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I cannot believe I forgot to post this one earlier...Did you have a live tree or an artifical one???

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
normally we have a fake one but this year it was real. It was a nice change, the house smelled so good

B

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love a real tree, but so do the kittycats...After a needle the vacume cleaner missed pireced my sole I decided a fake tree would be better...For the smell I buy a pine candle and imagine..

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We don't put up a tree as we don't have kids and the celebration is at my wifes folks place.

Bah Humbug by the way.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We've had an artificial one the last few years. I used to go to a relatives tree farm and we would pick one out and cut it down and shove it partially into the trunk and tie it down, bring it and whatever critters were hibernating in it into the house etc etc etc.

Speaking of live trees, my funniest Christmas tree moment ever was many years ago when I was young and at home with my parents. We picked out a tree out in the woods and dragged it back. Mom warned us that the tree was too big, but we wanted a big tree. The tree was HUGE! It was kind of tall, but it was really big around. Fortunately, we had a sliding glass door, because we wouldn't have gotten it into the house through a normal doorway. We fixed the tree stand to it before standing it up and when we stood it up it banged into the ceiling. Oops. It was such a pain trying to get it into the house that we didn't want to drag it out to trim off some of the trunk to shorten it. We popped the tree stand back off and my Dad comes into the house with his chainsaw!!!! LOL! Anyway, he proceeds to use the chainsaw in the house to trim the trunk. The chainsaw is roaring, wood chips are flying everywhere, and the sweet smell of burning gas and oil float through the house. Then to top it off the smoke dectors start going off creating a cacophony of sounds that were more 70s horror film than Christmastime. It was just a quick lop off some trunk, because once the trunk was cut, he had to cut off some lower branches so that the stand could be used and presents would fit underneath. So the action went on for several minutes. I don't think I'll ever forget that.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have None. :~) I live alone and hang up stockings on the mantel and place my holiday cards there as well. Otherwise I do not decorate much at all.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Artificial. Which helps because we always leave ours up until after Ukrainian Christmas.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Artificial, with the fiber optic strands. I'm not big in to Christmas, I just like the colored lights :D Plus there's that whole cat factor....

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We've always had an artificial tree. In fact we used the same big, fake tree that my dad had when he was growing up. After 50 some years, the wooden pole of the tree leaned so much my dad had to duct tape metal rods to try to straighten it. That "sort of" worked. Then our old cats died and we got new kittens so we laid the old tree to rest and got from Wal Mart one of those 3 foot tall fiber optic trees. I very much doubt that we would ever go back to the larger tree, especially since we got the puppies. And the real tree is right out between 3 cats, 5 small dogs, and the mess the needles make.

Robyn
xmas-smiley-011.gif

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Artificial. Which helps because we always leave ours up until after Ukrainian Christmas.

You also put it up on Halloween or something silly... By Ukranian Christmas it would look like Charlie Browns ;)

Anyways, I live alone, so no tree.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My parents had an artificial tree and put it up every year until it was so sorry lookin' everyone who came over looked at it and said, "Damn!" Then we tossed it and bought real ones thereafter.

I've been entertaining buying an artificial tree for a while now ... but I dunno. We have a lot of christmas tree farms around here and I want to support the local economy so these folks don't have to parcel off their acreage and build more condos or apartment buildings.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Artificial now. We always put our tree next to the fireplace and one year we had a, well let's just say we had a problem. so it's been a fake tree ever since.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
fake.....we are a family of asthmatics and allergy sufferers....

Latest Discussions