Christian's views on the age of the Earth

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Perception of time differs between observers depending on their relative velocities through space-time. So for God, he/she/it will always perceive time as progressing at the same rate, regardless of his/her/it's reference frame, whereas our perception of the same time will vary if we are not in the same reference.

oh, but we must be the same perception of time since "God created Man in his own image... and Man being a gentleman, returned the compliment", - Inherit the Wind.

pete

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lcash said:
Same definition! The difference is in mine they leave off the 0 in front of the number!

Strong's Number: 3117
Transliterated: yowm
Phonetic: yome
Text: from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figurative (a space of time defined by an associated term), [often used adverb]: -age, + always, + chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever(-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (... live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year(-ly), + younger.

I didn't get that at all. When I get home, I'll try cutting and pasting it on THAT computer. Something is wrong with this one.

Probably have to reboot...geez, I miss my Mac.

Regards,

Steve

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interestingly, perception of time by the observer is always the same.

Not to get off-topic here, but this claim is untrue.

An individual's experience of space-time changes as he/she develops and grows. An infant does not see "space" and "time" the same way a 10-year old does, and likewise the 10-year old does not perceive space-time the same way most adults do.

In fact, perceptions of space-time are one of the many developmental lines currently being studied by developmental psychology. Interesting stuff.

There's also the altered states of awareness that PeachMonkey alluded to, as well. :p

R

rmcrobertson

yep, ask my students. A fifty-minute English class can last an eon.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This conversation (posts) has been very enlightening. I find this board and the people who post to be commended.
If it has to do with the way of handling the reputation points, or the occasional warning, or total lock down, it has done the job.
The persons who post are participants of other boards, but by the very confines placed on them here, it is apparent that it works pretty good.

I have been expunged from a board, for various reasons..I have been bloodied but not bowed (respecting the other board). I learned another lesson in life, will continue to have my opinions, will do a better job of picking a place to do battle, or not. But I will try to hold down my (at times hostile) nature.

Since leaving the other board, I have not been posting much. I have been observing more then taking part. I did not come upon this thread until today.
Tough topic to handle (so well). Being an Agnostic, again I have to say a topic well done. Regards, G

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know when the earth was created. I am curious though when the earth's birthday is? I was thinking about sending a card. Come to think of it, I don't even have the address. Crap, maybe I will just plant a tree or something. He he.:idunno: :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions