Chinese proverbs.../ Riddles...

OP
T

tmonis

You guys rock! No pun intended. This whole thing deals with Harmony. Unable to move the rock except over time, the water flows around it. The rock is a refuge because it causes interference to allow the water to change flow. This will keep the water moving and changing instead of becoming stagnant.

Good job TW. All of you had your thinking caps on for that one.

OK round 4: An easy one. Love cannot know the measure of its depth until the hour of parting.

What do you think about this one?

Prof. Todd

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
tmonis said:
l of you had your thinking caps on for that one.

OK round 4: An easy one. Love cannot know the measure of its depth until the hour of parting.

This is not necessarily about loving a person. It could be also be love of something important in your life. (martial arts)

Being with or doing something you love is easy, you are satisfied, full of joy, and whole. But when you realize it won't be there any more and that you will lose part of yourself, then it becomes difficult. You have no way of knowing what a big part of yourself it is until you feel the pain of it leaving and the need for it to remain. TW

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
tmonis said:
In regards to freedom - Which is truly the prisoner? The fly, which moving freely has entered unknown danger? Or the spider, which having spun its web, remains, never knowing the pleasure or the danger of the fly?......:)

Good luck on solving this one...

Prof. Todd:asian:
DDT will take them both out. Me thinks you should post in the philosophy section.

OP
K

Karazenpo

"Here I sit so broken hearted..........Came to **** but only ******....." Edited to conform to MT Rules & Policies

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Karazenpo said:
"Here I sit so broken hearted..........Came to sh_t but only f_rted"........
OK, if you're going to go that route.

"Man who lay woman on hill - not on level"

OP
T

tmonis

Doc said:
DDT will take them both out. Me thinks you should post in the philosophy section.
Doc: I guess you are right it would take them out. However being of someone of your stature, I thought you could appreciate that one. Guess I was wrong. You seem to be able to comment on everything else intelligently mostly in a positive manner. I read the Kenpo section the most so I posted here. Opinions vary.

Karazenpo: I have always liked that one. :)

"There once was a man from Nantucket"...No I won't go there... lol

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
tmonis said:
Doc: I guess you are right it would take them out. However being of someone of your stature, I thought you could appreciate that one. Guess I was wrong. You seem to be able to comment on everything else intelligently mostly in a positive manner. I read the Kenpo section the most so I posted here. Opinions vary.

Karazenpo: I have always liked that one. :)

"There once was a man from Nantucket"...No I won't go there... lol

I'm sorry if you didn't like my humor, but your esoteric philosophical post, with all due respect, probably belongs in another section. I was attempting to nudge you back toward the very pragmatic nature of Kenpo's practical applications and at the least training philosophies these sections were designed for. I meant no harm, and I do have a humorous side. Ask Joe, who is also pretty funny.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here's another one, play nice or don't play at all, gentlemen. TW

OP
T

tmonis

Doc:

This post was meant for everyone to enjoy and to simply give you a few riddles to think about or at least see how you think about a certain phrase. Nothing more. As I have stated. I read the Kenpo section the most so I posted here under Kenpo General discussion. I am sorry if you think it should be some place else. Maybe it should be. But if it bothers you for being here. Than pass it by and read another thread. But by all means add to the thread if you like.

TW: I agree with you, "play nice or not at all."

Robert: That is interesting about the Chicken is the egg.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
tmonis said:

What do you think about this one?

Prof. Todd

Any other takers on this verse? TW

OP
T

tmonis

TW: I guess it is just you and me on this thread now. Sorry about that. You are doing a great job with them however. Great thinking. Round 4 goes along with the saying "You truly don't miss something until it's gone."
Can you guess the true meaning of missing someone? Sitting right beside them knowing you can never have or be with that person. That is a pretty heavy thought.

Anyway round 5: Revenge is a double-edged sword that cuts both ways.

Give it a try.

Prof. Todd

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
tmonis said:
Can you guess the true meaning of missing someone? Sitting right beside them knowing you can never have or be with that person. That is a pretty heavy thought.

How can you miss someone though, if one can never have...or be with that person? That's desiring someone that isn't available in the first place to love. The love, between two people had to be shared for it to be missed when taken away. So maybe the love was not that deep. Having and being with a person is one's selfish desire. Love is unselfish. TW

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
tmonis said:

Give it a try.

Prof. Todd

Maybe someone else will take a whack (pun intended) at this one first.
TW

OP
T

tmonis

TigerWoman said:
How can you miss someone though, if one can never have...or be with that person? That's desiring someone that isn't available in the first place to love. The love, between two people had to be shared for it to be missed when taken away. So maybe the love was not that deep. Having and being with a person is one's selfish desire. Love is unselfish. TW
TW: Damn you are to good for me. I just knew I could catch on that one. lol lol.
Are you a Psych. Major or just a heavy thinker? Or maybe these are just not hard enough! hummmmm. Let me see what I can do.:ultracool

Todd

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Any other takers on this verse? TW
OnlyAnEgg said:
The absense of a thing can be more telling then the presence of a thing.
was my response, actually.

Re: revenge being a double-edged sword; well, i would think that anytime violence is used vengefully, you run the risk of it turning back to bite you.

OP
T

tmonis

OnlyAnEgg said:
was my response, actually.

Re: revenge being a double-edged sword; well, i would think that anytime violence is used vengefully, you run the risk of it turning back to bite you.
Egg: I am sorry you are right. I got caught in Doc's stuff. That was a great job.
Your answer about revenge is a very good to.

Thanks for playing everyone. You guys have some great answers. This is meant to be fun. Before I move on to the next round. I would like to see if any different answers come in for this one.

Stand by for the next round.

Todd

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
tmonis said:

Revenge is to hurt someone in the name of justice to make the original transgression right. But the hurt is still there regardless, not salved by revenge, instead the act of revenge takes more from your own character because you've lowered yourself to the level of the original transgressor.

Not a psych anything but enjoy mental exercise. TW

Latest Discussions