China: Bans all dogs over 14 inches tall...

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I posted and then edited a long tirade and I apologize for that, but you know you say you are not bashing and then go look for reasons to bash.

No.... your completely wrong about this and most of what you posted.

I am an animal rights advocate; mostly a dog advocate. No, I am not the PETA kind (I like my steak medium rare, please), but since I have started working with dogs on a regular basis (Search and Rescue, among other things) I have been particularly interested in animal rights abuses. I could care less about being an advocate for or against China, or any other country for that matter, in regards to this issue.

So, I am not "looking for a reason" to bash China. In fact, I was hoping that I would have found out that you were correct, because that would mean that the abuses weren't happening as the original article stated.

So, I didn't search far and wide to find sources to "bash China." I simply did some searches in pursuit of the truth of the matter; and you saw what I found in my previous post. In fact, here is a link to a google search for "Beijing dog problem": http://www.google.com/search?source...YA,GWYA:2005-04,GWYA:en&q=Beijing+dog+problem

There is a mix of US and Chinese sources from that simple google search. There is NO SOURCE that states what your family told you, or what you claimed here. ALL the sources I saw, and anyone can see for themselves, support the original article in this thread; even the sources intending to defend the dog policy. They all point to key facts: expensive manditory dog licensing, banning all dogs above 35cm, banning dog breeds deemed vicious, and mass confiscating of animals. Many of the sources pointed to mass euthanizations and beating dogs to death in the streets.

So... your family is wrong, and so are you. I hope you weren't expecting that I would take any anecdotal evidence at face value, and without question. Were you? Just because someone says something, that doesn't mean it is true. But, when every source from New York to Beijing says the same thing... well....

But once again, this is no different then the many people who I ran into in Ontario who did not believe or understand the "vicious dog act" in their own province and how serious it was. This is no different then people in my own state who I run into who aren't familiar with dog breed banning ordinences, or the lack of legal enforcement against dog fighting. People simply just don't know, or (as in your case) don't want to believe what is actually happening out there.

What seems clear to me, though, is that you have an agenda which is to defend China at all costs. Now that it seems that the evidence overwhelmingly demonstrates that the Chinese government is committing an attrocity towards dogs, all you can do is say that "we just don't know what it is like over there" and "we just don't understand." Your neglecting the simple facts that there are simple and better ways to deal with the dog/rabies problem then what they are doing.

To provide an analogy, here is some news... some children can be annoying and difficult to deal with. So, what if a babysitter were to beat and kill a child with a stick? Would you come out and say, "Well, we just don't understand how annoying that kid probably was!"

Probably not.

Unless, of course, it happened in China?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
To provide an analogy, here is some news... some children can be annoying and difficult to deal with. So, what if a babysitter were to beat and kill a child with a stick? Would you come out and say, "Well, we just don't understand how annoying that kid probably was!"

Probably not.

Unless, of course, it happened in China?

Your analogy and you intire post is at best insulting sir, good day to you.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mod Note -

Please keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Pamela Piszczek
MT Moderator