Cheng Hsin - ever heard of it?

PeaceWarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Picked up this book by a guy named Peter Ralston - called "Cheng Hsin, The Principles of Effortless Power." Has anyone ever heard of it? It has some really good insight on the nature of 'Being' and delves alot into kinda esoteric, philosophical ideas, and also has some very good points on alignment and structure, plus gives a lot of great ideas about fighting and how to approach it. I have enjoyed the book, so I was just curious if anybody knows of him or has met him/trained with him...

Keith

Shinzu

White Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hmmmm.... sorry i have not heard of it, but it sounds very interesting. i will look it up and give it a read!

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have heard of Peter Ralston and Cheng Hsin, but I have never seen either the art or the man in action. Ralston says he was born in Singapore and had lots of martial arts training in a variety of styles from an early age and has tried to combine various soft techniques from Tai Chi, Aikido and Judo among other arts into a new cohesive art based around his philosophical thoughts.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You might want to also check out his book "Zen Body-Being" which he co-authored with his wife. Kind of a "start at the beginning" kind of book.