Chen TaiChi Application clip

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I use to train Chen style, and I still would if there was a teacher near me, it is my favorite of all Tai Chi Styles. I also had a chance a year ago to talk to Chen Zhenglei and according to his wife with that foot stamp Zhenglei can crush a stone.

There is also a lot of Chin Na in Chen.

Thanks for the clip. I have seen that guy before on his website. HE also teacher Liu he ba fa and he has a lot of clips on his site. If I can remember the site I will post it.

OP
Street Brawler

Street Brawler

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
I use to train Chen style, and I still would if there was a teacher near me, it is my favorite of all Tai Chi Styles. I also had a chance a year ago to talk to Chen Zhenglei and according to his wife with that foot stamp Zhenglei can crush a stone.

There is also a lot of Chin Na in Chen.

Thanks for the clip. I have seen that guy before on his website. HE also teacher Liu he ba fa and he has a lot of clips on his site. If I can remember the site I will post it.

How can I use Taichi in streetbrawls?. Does it needs alot of pushing hands drill, or it is just using the force and directing energy?.:)

Thanks for your attention.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good clip. I've seen another one by him before. Much different than what I'd seen of TaiChi previously.

Nebuchadnezzar

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Laoshi77

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think most good teacher's of Taiqiquan will teach a similar interpretation of those techniques; in a sense one might say that it could be Yang style.

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Laoshi77,

You are correct. Traditional Yang follows Chen Laojia (Old Form) almost move for move. The way the postures are expressed however, is of course quite different.

Very best wishes

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. That was interesting. I've only learned Yang style myself, but I've seen some videos of Chen style before. One of the things I really didn't understand was the doubled movements, where you do one action, pull back/away a bit, and repeat it. This clip showed how they might be used, if the first action gets blocked, the opponent's in a new position, and repeating the action can have the desired (or a similar) effect. Not knowing Chen style, I had a little trouble following everything in there, and it did go kind of fast, but I thought it was a good demonstration of the martial applications of the moves as well as the way they're linked together. I've heard that tai chi forms are supposed to be simulated fights, but I think this is the first time I've seen more than one or two moves linked together in that fight fashion. Good stuff. :)

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice clip. If there are any more by the same guy, I would be interested in seeing it.

Latest Discussions