Couture To Retire From MMA

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Couture can't go fight Fedor.

He is under contract with the UFC for AT LEAST 9 more months so he can't "retire" then run to another promotion. Dana While wont even let him go fight Fedor in another promotion especially since he couldn't get Fedor to fight in the UFC.

I think by him saying "there is nothing let to prove" is a lil insult to Jackson. Jackson did what Randy couldn't.....beat Chuck 2 times.

Couture is working on a movie in Africa right now so he may go the movie route....(guess the last movie in which he got beat up by Steven Segal wasn't enuff)

I dont think he meant it as a insult to jackson, to be honest the statment is true, he had won everything he could in the UFC, he knows his time in the octagon is numbered....every fighter has an arch nemesisi if you will, Randy's was Chucks...chucks is jacksons.

Fedors contract deal with the UFC wasnt going well, Fedor put alot of demands on Dana.....its also worth remembering that MMA is not actually Fedors compition of choice he actually preferes to fight in Sambo....which Dana was not going to allow him to do.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I dont think he meant it as a insult to jackson, to be honest the statment is true, he had won everything he could in the UFC, he knows his time in the octagon is numbered....every fighter has an arch nemesisi if you will, Randy's was Chucks...chucks is jacksons.

Fedors contract deal with the UFC wasnt going well, Fedor put alot of demands on Dana.....its also worth remembering that MMA is not actually Fedors compition of choice he actually preferes to fight in Sambo....which Dana was not going to allow him to do.

You make a good point.

What is the difference between Sambo and MMA? I thought they both were the same.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You make a good point.

What is the difference between Sambo and MMA? I thought they both were the same.

Sambo is more Submission based, theres no striking.

Well at least the sport kind that Fedor is involved in.

Its the Russian national sport.

Latest Discussions