Castle Doctrine and Knife defense...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mo.'s Law is very similar to NY's....

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
WA law is the same.. If they are breaking in they can be shot or otherwise dealt with as they climb through the window. Unless they were a 13 year old kid and I was fully awake and had the drop on them and they ran I might just blast them. My life or the life of my wife could be endangerered otherwise. I would err on the side of saving us

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
AC_Pilot said:
WA law is the same.. If they are breaking in they can be shot or otherwise dealt with as they climb through the window. Unless they were a 13 year old kid and I was fully awake and had the drop on them and they ran I might just blast them. My life or the life of my wife could be endangerered otherwise. I would err on the side of saving us
Once I realize that I don't know who they are, and they don't have any good reason to be in my house, their time on this earth is short. They'll die in my living room. I've had more than enough felons threaten to visit me when they get out of jail, and I keep telling them the same thing...I'll just start shooting and swear it's self-defense, and don't bring anyone to help you care too much about.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
FWIW, I posted excerpts from the most recent Michigan case on the Castle doctrine in the General Discussion Area in a thread entitled "Martial Arts and the Law."

Miles

Latest Discussions