Captain America

Eternal White Belt

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This seems to be no more than a publicity stunt for the character. There is a Captain America movie in the works, probably to be released next year. This will, of course, generate more interest in the character. It would not surprise me to see that Marvel has either a new Cap, or will resurrect the original in a new series, with plenty of other merchandising surrounding the movie's release. Good marketing on Marvel's part.

If being blown out of the sky by a missile and subsequently frozen in a block of ice for over 20 years, until resurrected by Stan Lee and Cap's original creator Jack Kirby, can't kill ol' winghead, a single bullet doesn't stand a chance. Have a nice rest Cap. See you next year.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is a Captain America movie in the works, probably to be released next year

There IS one floating around out there...I found it about 5 years ago it was bad worse than the TV series ..I wish just ONCE when Marvel turns one of the characters in a movie that stick to the original story/orgin..Do you remember when they were holding auditions for a Broadway production of "Captain America"????

Eternal White Belt

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There IS one floating around out there...I found it about 5 years ago it was bad worse than the TV series ..I wish just ONCE when Marvel turns one of the characters in a movie that stick to the original story/orgin..Do you remember when they were holding auditions for a Broadway production of "Captain America"????

I remember that one, even though I try not to. The new one, however, is slated for release in 2009, not next year as previously thought. The writer is David Self, who adapted Road to Perdition to the screen, and is also writing Marvel's Deathlok movie, to be released in 2008.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
This seems to be no more than a publicity stunt for the character. There is a Captain America movie in the works, probably to be released next year.

Just thought I would mention a few other movies that will be released soon. The Flash and Wonder Woman will probably released this year. Jake Gyllenhall looks like he will be playing Captain Marvel, probably next year or 2009.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jake Gyllenhall looks like he will be playing Captain Marvel, probably next year or 2009.

I wondered when they would get around to the Big Red Cheese..I've always been a Captain Marvel fan..If they do it correct it could rival Harry Potter..Ever seen the old black and white serial? Well done for its time...

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wondered when the would get around to the Big Red Cheese..I've always been a Captain Marvel fan..If they do it correct it could rival Harry Potter..Ever seen the old black and white serial? Well done for its time...

Unfortunately no. I have only seen the rather lame late seventies, early eighties TV series and the animated series. I wonder if Captain Marvel has a similar curse to Superman. Those who play the part never seem to amount to much afterwards, or go crazy.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. I have only seen the rather lame late seventies, early eighties TV series and the animated series. I wonder if Captain Marvel has a similar curse to Superman. Those who play the part never seem to amount to much afterwards, or go crazy.

I got mine on E-bay and it was cheap..I remember the 70's show and it was poor..Billy Batson and his Mentor traveling around in a motorhome that bore the Captain Marvel insignia on the front...Spare me..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder if Captain Marvel has a similar curse to Superman. Those who play the part never seem to amount to much afterwards, or go crazy.

That is something to consider..George Reeves was murdered, Christopher Reeves dies way too early..The serial Superman Kirk Arlyn survived by doing bit parts..

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is something to consider..George Reeves was murdered, Christopher Reeves dies way too early..The serial Superman Kirk Arlyn survived by doing bit parts..

We will just have to see with the two new Supermans (the movie guy and the guy in Smallville). It has made me think about Captain America though. There have been three movies that I can recall and, apart from being disasters, the actors did not fair too well career-wise. Maybe, just maybe...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We will just have to see with the two new Supermans (the movie guy and the guy in Smallville). It has made me think about Captain America though. There have been three movies that I can recall and, apart from being disasters, the actors did not fair too well career-wise. Maybe, just maybe...

Only time will tell..If the money is GOOD and you get a great contract , deal with it..Best to remembered for one roll than none at all..Everyone thought that Michael Keaton was going to be typcast for doing the first 2 Batman movies..

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one mentioned the yo-yo life and death cycle of Jean Grey. She's been dead what, five times now? Cap will be back sooner or later, but I imagine that first they'll have someone else in the role. Probably someone "grittier" or more "extreme". I can see it now, Cap on a skateboard, with a hat on backwards, his trunks riding low, and one pant leg rolled up to the knee, an I-pod built into his shield.

Now I've got to find a way to burn that image out of my head. Yick!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one mentioned the yo-yo life and death cycle of Jean Grey. She's been dead what, five times now? Cap will be back sooner or later, but I imagine that first they'll have someone else in the role. Probably someone "grittier" or more "extreme". I can see it now, Cap on a skateboard, with a hat on backwards, his trunks riding low, and one pant leg rolled up to the knee, an I-pod built into his shield.

God forbid...

Randy Strausbaugh said:
Now I've got to find a way to burn that image out of my head. Yick!

Same here..