Can you name this form?

YounWha

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

I may have to post this in the Chinese section as well...not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would be suprised if this was a Korean form. Korean schools may use it, but it looks very Japanese to me. I would post it in the Japanese section.
(Now waiting for someone to tell me how wrong I am! :rolleyes: )

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
After watching again it looks like the name of the form is the first thing shown in the clip, along with the style I am guessing. I am sure you could google either of those and find more info.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It certainly doesn't look like any of the Ch'ang H'on TKD tuls.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Try in the Kenpo area. It is very Kenpo looking IMO, but I may be wrong. It has been a while since I have trained in Kenpo.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is a link to The GM and who trained him I found there website this should help you with all your questions.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be suprised if this was a Korean form. Korean schools may use it, but it looks very Japanese to me. I would post it in the Japanese section.
(Now waiting for someone to tell me how wrong I am! :rolleyes: )

I think you're right. I don't recognise it but it does have the look of Japanese kata. The start was similiar to the Kushanku I know plus other bits looked like Seishan, it wasn't those katas but similiar enough movements to make it worth posting on the japanese section.

OP
Y

YounWha

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ok guys - just an FYI that's me doing the form at my testing this weekend.

To us - the form is called Youn Wha - its our first Youn Wha form (taught at 2nd Dan). Since it has a lot of circular blocking and double blocking/punching I didn't know the origins of this form. I will post this in the japanese section as well to see if I can get any lineage on this form.