Can I use Rumble instead of Youtube to post video here?

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi

I just heard about Rumble, I don't know exactly what it is, sounds like similar to youtube. Question is whether I can upload video to Rumble like youtube and post the link here.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can post a link to pretty much anywhere. You cannot embed the video unless it is hosted on an approved site.
And a reminder... commercial posts, including monetized videos, are a violation of the TOS, unless you are a Supporting Member, Staff, or paying for ad space.

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I guess it's no point of joining. Why this forum not approving Rumble? Is it political?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it's no point of joining. Why this forum not approving Rumble? Is it political?
It’s the software which powers this site. The code which embeds videos in a post has to be written to cover each approved site and we don’t have access to modify said software. (I think it’s an off-the-shelf product.)

However as DD mentioned, you can post links to videos on other sites. It just won’t embed the video in your comment.

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It’s the software which powers this site. The code which embeds videos in a post has to be written to cover each approved site and we don’t have access to modify said software. (I think it’s an off-the-shelf product.)

However as DD mentioned, you can post links to videos on other sites. It just won’t embed the video in your comment.
What do you mean by that, I am not very good in this kind of social media stuff. What do you mean post links to videos on other sites? What is embed video in my comment. is it just putting the link in my post.

Ha ha, I just heard of Rumble lately. I am more conservative, so if I can use Rumble, I would like to. I hope I can say this here as it is general topic here.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean by that, I am not very good in this kind of social media stuff. What do you mean post links to videos on other sites? What is embed video in my comment. is it just putting the link in my post.

Ha ha, I just heard of Rumble lately. I am more conservative, so if I can use Rumble, I would like to. I hope I can say this here as it is general topic here.
Embedding a video means using the option which allows the video to be viewed here on MartialTalk, like this:
… as opposed to just posting a link which takes you to another site, like this:
YouTube link

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Embedding a video means using the option which allows the video to be viewed here on MartialTalk, like this:
… as opposed to just posting a link which takes you to another site, like this:
YouTube link
Thanks, that's what I thought. So it's no point for me to join if I cannot embed with my comments here.

Latest Discussions