Can anybody identify this form for me?

zany90

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering if anybody can identify the form you see practised at 1 minute 10 in this video...

It seems to contain a slap foot kick double punch and a sweep. It is very pleasant to watch if anybody can help me with the name?

Many Thanks,

Jonny

OP
Z

zany90

White Belt
Reaction score
Also at 2:11, that is if it is part of the same form?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Looks like a compulsory Modern Wushu performance set. Pretty to watch, probably not much meat in it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Haven't judged one of those in a few decades, but looks like some kind of Long Fist form to me. But watching that group of kids do that form in unison....man, that just tickles all my Martial Arts buttons. All those kids doing that in unison, that was really awesome.

OP
Z

zany90

White Belt
Reaction score
Haven't judged one of those in a few decades, but looks like some kind of Long Fist form to me. But watching that group of kids do that form in unison....man, that just tickles all my Martial Arts buttons. All those kids doing that in unison, that was really awesome.

Yeah it is really beautiful to watch. I love the form too, would love to know what it is called.

VPT

Green Belt
Reaction score
This is the Tagou Shaolin gongfu school in Dengfeng, China. My friend trained there for some time, but moved since onwards.

I think it's a Shaolin form, but I do not know all of them. Try looking up some of the more advanced traditional routines. It could be one of the Luohan patterns, but it's just a rough guess from the top of my head.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering if anybody can identify the form you see practised at 1 minute 10 in this video...

It seems to contain a slap foot kick double punch and a sweep. It is very pleasant to watch if anybody can help me with the name?

Many Thanks,

Jonny

Shaolin Long Fist and the Sanshou taught at the Shaolin school. The Shaolin Long Fist form is a derivation from actual Long fist and the Shaolin version, is as stated, Modern Wushu and mostly for show and conditioning. The Sanshou is for fighting.

Latest Discussions