California Iraqi-Mexican crime ring busted, police say

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
California Iraqi-Mexican crime ring busted, police say
Thu Aug 18, 8:35 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters/Yahoo EXCERPT:
) – Police in southern California have arrested 60 people and broken up an Iraqi criminal ring accused of selling drugs, machine guns and improvised bombs out of an immigrant social club, authorities said on Thursday.

The swoop by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and local police targeted a network operating out of El Cajon, which is near San Diego and close to the border with Mexico.

El Cajon police said the criminal organization of individuals of Iraqi descent had suspected ties to the Chaldean Organized Crime Syndicate, a criminal group founded in the early 1980s in Detroit, Michigan.

The group has historical ties to Mexico's Sinaloa Cartel and the Mexican Mafia, a Mexican-American prison gang, the police said.

The six-month long investigation led to seizures of marijuana, methamphetamine, ecstasy, heroin, and prescription drugs including Vicodin, Oxycontin, Codeine, Xanex and Percocet, El Cajon police said in a statement.

END EXCERPT
Selling the drugs, weapons and explosives that Americans won't.

JohnEdward

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That is just the tip of the iceberg. The current issue happening in Mexico that will effect all of us is the willing conversion of many southern Mexicans dissatisfied with their government who turned to the drug cartels are now eagerly turning to Al Qaeda and other like groups. Because of the support the drug cartels got from those in southern Mexico has greatly increased their power and control. I fear what will happen now when Al Qaeda gets the same support. Our southern neighbors have real problems that need to be addressed before it is too late. We really need to rethink our immigration policies and public opinion fast. I say this as neither as a democrat or republican, rather as a rational educated person seeing the writing on the wall.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Went to some specialized training on drug cartels in the US and there is alot of evidence supporting that the Al-Quaeda is paying for access to the drug cartels' illegal routes into the US to smuggle in terrorists etc.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Went to some specialized training on drug cartels in the US and there is alot of evidence supporting that the Al-Quaeda is paying for access to the drug cartels' illegal routes into the US to smuggle in terrorists etc.
Vince Flynn's novel Extreme Measures dealt with exactly that.
But, it's fiction and has no bearing on reality right?
In Tom Clancy's 1994 novel Debt of Honor a nutcase flies a jumbo jet into a joint session of Congress. Fast forward to my living room the morning of 9/11/01: As I watched the 2d plane hit, I said, aloud,
OH ****, Clancy is gonna feel like crap...

Latest Discussions