California doesn't give a Damm

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling that she's not the only one?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, it is a sign of respect for the support that they're looking into this type of thing, I suppose...a backhanded compliment of sorts.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, it is a sign of respect for the support that they're looking into this type of thing, I suppose...a backhanded compliment of sorts.

True.

But if they start doing this sort of scrutiny in a systematic way, they may wind up catching a lot more fish in their net than they bargained for....

It's weird how people will do the most self-destructive things just for a bit of an advantage in a competitive sport that they're only going to be able to compete in at an world-class level for a relatively few years. And the logic of it is really discouraging from the competitor's point of view: after a while, you don't actually get any advantage from doing it, but you get a huge disadvantage from not doing it. So you're back to square one, except now with seriously damaging substances running around your system.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it's sad in general. The systems in place will catch up to people sooner or later and make the entire community look bad.

Latest Discussions