Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry you had to go through that....

Thanks very much. :asian:

Any of them medical??

Uhhhh...kinda... :D To do anything worth doing in the medical field requires a bunch of prerequisites... ;)

Career change at 40-something. More debt! Wheee.....

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
If things really go to shart, I can get together enough gasoline to drive to Bill's house, so I guess I'm OK.

We could meet you there.... but we should have an agreement on how to prepare and cook Bill ahead of time. I think he's spicy enough as it is, so perhaps a plain rotisserie approach should suffice. Tenderizer seems called for.

Seems from the photo that we'd get several meals, even with both our clans. I met my wife in Toronto, so we'd be happy to share with you guys! Let's pray for entropy!

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
During the last depression the government made a law and TOOK ALL THE GOLD. If you had any and they found out, off to jail you went. Ain't the goverment sweet?

Deaf

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Uhhhh...kinda... :D To do anything worth doing in the medical field requires a bunch of prerequisites... ;) .

Think nursing, or EMT, or both. You'll find that you've met most of the prereq's for the former, and there often aren't any for the latter...........as long as we're amassing knowledge as a commodity, it ought to be knowledge that one can trade upon.....(an herbalism course wouldn't hurt, either....) :wink:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd rather think radiopharmacy. ;)

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
We could meet you there.... but we should have an agreement on how to prepare and cook Bill ahead of time. I think he's spicy enough as it is, so perhaps a plain rotisserie approach should suffice. Tenderizer seems called for.

Seems from the photo that we'd get several meals, even with both our clans. I met my wife in Toronto, so we'd be happy to share with you guys! Let's pray for entropy!

It's not polite to cook the host.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I consider it as sampling the local cuisine......

You mean your original post was not an open invite to post apocalyptic cannibalism?? Ooops, sorry.......:angel:

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I consider it as sampling the local cuisine......

You mean your original post was not an open invite to post apocalyptic cannibalism?? Ooops, sorry.......:angel:

Naw. I'm just seriously screwed when the apocalypse comes.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya know, you guys are welcome over here to the Live Free Or Die state. We got some good huntin', good fishin', and nothing bad really happens here...well...except ice storms but its nothing you guys haven't seen before. ;)

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ya know, you guys are welcome over here to the Live Free Or Die state. We got some good huntin', good fishin', and nothing bad really happens here...well...except ice storms but its nothing you guys haven't seen before. ;)

Sounds good, but it will be to far to travel if all goes to pieces.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Dude! Come get ya some! ;-)

Last edited:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The dog in the picture has the same resigned, "My Master is nuts" look that our dog Ginger has....

Well, you read the t-shirt, right? Milo did, too. And Molly. They're good dogs.

icon10.gif

519189115_dee65b0bc7.jpg

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
All I am trying to say is that if it hits the fan, you are better off where I am then in a major city.

And it would not really mater if they had a place to hunt. Most city dwellers have no idea how to survive without a supermarket.
I don't disagree.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

OP
chinto

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
well i thought the question would be interesting, and fun to see what people thought. land is good if you can keep it.. if not else you can grow a carrot on it. .. weapons and ammo are good if it gets nasty... ask the folks in LA when the riots happened last time, and they had no way to defend themselves. gold is good because an ounce of gold buys in value today what it basically bought clear back in say 1850... it keeps its value basically constant.. and personally i think obama and the idiots in congress are going to do a wiemar republic at this rate with the US curancy at this rate.

but I find the reasons and responses very interesting ( wearing an old coal skuttle helmet perhaps like on laugh in... ) :jediduel:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is perhaps the true value of your thread.... to illustrate that in emergency planning, it is not "either/or" but rather "and".

There are many measures one should consider taking across a wide spectrum. Just as a fighter with only one strong technique is vulnerable, so too is a person with only gold......

The best back up is a sense of humor. I keep mine on a shelf in my library, next to the latest edition of "To Serve Man".