Bujinkan Sakki Test!

benkyoka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
People need to stop posting copyrighted material on the internet.

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
People need to stop posting copyrighted material on the internet.

I have to agree. The Togakure ryu Ninpo Taijutsu video the initial footage is drawn from is copyrighted, and so are the Daikomyosai videos.

Anyone know how to report the violation to YouTube? I notice it's easy to flag a posted video, but the only reason you can use pertaining to a copyright is that it's a violation of your own copyright.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to agree. The Togakure ryu Ninpo Taijutsu video the initial footage is drawn from is copyrighted, and so are the Daikomyosai videos.

Anyone know how to report the violation to YouTube? I notice it's easy to flag a posted video, but the only reason you can use pertaining to a copyright is that it's a violation of your own copyright.

Hey Dale,

I believe other's have tried to have YouTube pull down Sensei's copyrighted clips in the past. Unfortunately I believe the copyright holder has to make the request.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, he isn't, he just linked from here to the video at YouTube. The original poster -- at YouTube -- is a 23 year old Argentinian calling himself "Kukibushi".

Hey Dale, tuthfully I am surprised that so many clips of Sensei's copyrighted material is up around the world. What surprises me is that no one from the Hombu has decided to get them taken down. Certain video sharing sights are and have been absolutely terrible. (whole DVD video footage available)

I do however believe though that they are good advertising for Sensei's
awesome form of Budo.

As for myself well I purchase a Budo Taijutsu DVD just about every other month and have so for years so I have most of the footage at my home and recommend anyone who is interested in Budo Taijutsu to purchase the DVD's as well. They are fantastic!
icon14.gif

I particularly like some of the ones you are on Dale!
icon14.gif

benkyoka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you realize that these videos are copyrighted and that it is a violation for them to be posted on the internet why do you link people to them so more people end up watching the violated video?

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you realize that these videos are copyrighted and that it is a violation for them to be posted on the internet why do you link people to them so more people end up watching the violated video?

Very simple Benkyoka in that I want peolple to experience what the Bujinkan is. Nor have I been told by any Shihan not to as a matter of fact several have said they appreciate it.
icon6.gif

Another obvious answer is that it is already out there and I have no control over people looking at it and since it is out there maybe I can show it in a positive light through a thread here.

As to doing anything wrong, clearly I have not even if you may not approve.

Reactions: MJS

Kichigai-no-Okami

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Very simple Benkyoka in that I want peolple to experience what the Bujinkan is. Nor have I been told by any Shihan not to as a matter of fact several have said they appreciate it.
icon6.gif

Another obvious answer is that it is already out there and I have no control over people looking at it and since it is out there maybe I can show it in a positive light through a thread here.

:SIGH!: :EYES ROLLING: Ignore this rubish, Brian. :tantrum: Thank you for these inspirational clips, Bro. (I wish people would learn to just take things like this for what it is, as it is offered, and go in peace.) ANYHOO.... I hope Soke (with respect) is alive long enough for me to take my 5th test. Keep 'Em coming, Bri. :feedtroll

benkyoka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
icon6.gif

It must be nice to have a moral loophole. You can still feel good about yourself. You admit that putting the video on the internet in the first place is a violation of copyright, but then you put it in your posts and direct people to watch copyrighted video. Don't worry, it's okay. It wasn't you that did the original bad deed.

Soke wants people to experience what Bujinkan is, that's why he puts out the video in the first place. That medium is copyrighted, however. So nobody has told you not to do it, does that make it okay? yay, loopholes!

How are you showing it in a positive light by just linking to it? Who cares what other shihan say about it. I suggest you email George Ohashi and see what he thinks about it.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know Syd we are not going to agree on this by any means nor is everyone of your same opinion in the Bujinkan or outside of it so I think you can drop it as I have not done anything wrong here and yet you seem to be on the attack.
icon12.gif

I am afraid that trying to make me feel bad for watching videos that I already own I might add or posting about and trying to show the Bujinkan in a good light is a bad thing to do then yes I am guilty. (sarcasm)

On a constructive note please contact George Ohashi who could I imagine get powers from Sensei and ask him to contact youtube, dailymotion, etc. to take down the copyrighted material. That would solve your issue.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain that the posting in this format might not constitute fair use; it's not posting the whole video/DVD, only a segment.

I'm not saying it is. And I see both sides of the argument. But there is the fair use exception to consider.

Kichigai-no-Okami

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It must be nice to have a moral loophole. You can still feel good about yourself. You admit that putting the video on the internet in the first place is a violation of copyright, but then you put it in your posts and direct people to watch copyrighted video. Don't worry, it's okay. It wasn't you that did the original bad deed.

Soke wants people to experience what Bujinkan is, that's why he puts out the video in the first place. That medium is copyrighted, however. So nobody has told you not to do it, does that make it okay? yay, loopholes!

How are you showing it in a positive light by just linking to it? Who cares what other shihan say about it. I suggest you email George Ohashi and see what he thinks about it.

..........Jesus!.............

Latest Discussions