Bruce lee arts

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah but finding some one who is a true JKD instructor would be hard so I'll have to depend more on books :)

George Ilyadis student of Jerry Poteet who was a student of Bruce Lee and a student of Lamar Davis II in Jun Fan/ Jeet Kune Do. ( George moved south and I have no idea if he teaches anymore)
Richard Torres student of Ted Wong who was a student of Bruce Lee (In Fishkill MY)
Dan Inosanto student of Bruce Lee (In California)

There are others but you have to look

OP
H

Hamza

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
George Ilyadis student of Jerry Poteet who was a student of Bruce Lee and a student of Lamar Davis II in Jun Fan/ Jeet Kune Do. ( George moved south and I have no idea if he teaches anymore)
Richard Torres student of Ted Wong who was a student of Bruce Lee (In Fishkill MY)
Dan Inosanto student of Bruce Lee (In California)

There are others but you have to look

OP
H

Hamza

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
:xtrmshock: WHAT!!! Your going to let a little thing like 7000 miles get between you and your JKD training :uhyeah:

Sorry, I didn't realize you were in Pakistan, my bad

Hahahaha no prob :p the problem here is that its really hard to find martial arts here, there are many schools but they teach fake marital arts made by them self for example karate. I hardly found real Chinese martial art school and muaythai :( so I'm taking that although the classes are very less:(

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the MT or JKD instructors in Pakistan, but both of the arts that you are interested in are very sparring centric, or should be. Make sure that the school you select has that as a regular part of the curriculum. If all you do is hit pads or do pre-arranged drills you will be missing a critical element of your training.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know he drew from the profiling and footwork of western fencing, but did he actually fence? And if so, did he dabble or really get into it? And what was his prefered weapon? It would be cool to see pictures of him in fencing attire.

I'm not sure--I know it was very influential on him but don't know how much he did. Did his brother fence, maybe (from memory)?

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He did not study any other Chinese Martial Art, the only one you could say he studied was Wing Chun and I know he learned Siu Nim Tao and he may have learned Chum Kiu but I do not think he learned Biu Tze. Other than that he trained Chi sao. I am not even sure he ever trained much with the Muk Yan Jong
He definitely didn't train Biu Tze, but he did train in more CMA that Wing Chun. There was some Praying Mantis, and smattering of other things here and there, but Wing Chun was the most in depth.

TKDTony2179

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Any specific reason?

Well you are going to have some elements of wing chun in JKD so why do a whole art to just to on to another art that will have the same thing?

Like most people here, just do the JKD. If you are looking for what Bruce Lee first did just looke for a Jun Fan JKD school but if you want to look at his art as a concept, look for JKD Concepts.