Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a buckmark and I can't get him to sell it to me. It's a great little pistol and a fun plinker. Get great accuracy out to 25 meters.

As far as reliablility goes, I've never known him to have a problem with it.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've shot them before Grenadier. I can recommend them like a Ruger MKII!

Not long ago I bumped into a Browning Medalist .22. I swooned over it but the $$$ well, took the air out from under my wings. But it was a joy to hold.

But the Buckmark will do well. I've never seen Browning make a substandard gun!

Deaf

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't have much experience with the Browning other than shooting a friend's a couple of times...no problems with it that I know of.

I have a Ruger MkIII (5 1/2" bull-barrel) that I LOVE...dead accurate and no problems with reliability. The only downside is that it's a ***** to disassemble so I'd recommend the stainless version so you don't have to do it as often.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like the Buckmark, but I currently own a S&W 22A. I would say, go to a range and try one out. If you like it, buy it.

I know that sounds simple, but it really is.

radshop

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a Buckmark that I really like. It's the camper model identical to your link, except with a slabside barrel. I' rather have the bull barrel if I were buying today, so I like your choice.
The Buckmark's stock trigger pull is amazing - worth the price for that. That is expected on all Buckmarks, and certainly true on mine. Accuracy is outstanding for a non-competition pistol that is very affordable. I have about 10,000 rounds through it. It does not feed reliably with standard velocity ammo - doesn't bother me because I buy high velocity ammo in bulk, but something to consider (this is not true for all Buckmarks, but is also not uique to mine). Out of the box, trigger and accuracy of a buckmark should be better than a Ruger (not bashing Rugers - I own and love 7 Ruger handguns). Ruger has better aftermarket parts/accessories, though, if you want to pimp it. Buckmark is easy to disassemble, but does require an allen wrench to do so - no big deal to me, but a consideration if you expect a lot of field use.

Let me know if you have specific questions - I'll do my best to answer.

Latest Discussions