British police arrest two gun-toting potential felons

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=455782&in_page_id=1770

...teenagers Holly Spedding and Fatima Rupp were chased by dozens of police marksmen, tracked by hovering police choppers and hotly pursued by six police cars...

Armed officers surrounded their car and screamed at the two pretty partygoers: "Put your hands up!"
As two police helicopters hovered overhead their car was searched.

The pair were locked up for hours before they were finally released.

A nearby off-duty had officer reported them for "threatening motorists," which basically triggered the whole brouhaha.

Then again, look at the guns in the picture...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh for pities sake! Have people got no sense of reality or proportion these days?

Can I have a new country please? This ones broken :(

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I could see arresting someone wearing an outfit like that on a felony-kitsch charge. But for packing heat????? A pointed index finger and raised thumb looks more like a real firearm than that!

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
From TFA:
But they faced several hours in police cells before Miss Rupp was cautioned for possession of an imitation firearm and the pair were released.

There's actually a law for owning an "imitation" firearm in the UK?? Wow...

As a sidenote, thank god they're over 18, as the thoughts I was having could have gotten ME in trouble. LOL! :D

Latest Discussions