Boxing Training Question.

Jutt-

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The gym where I've been practising Muay Thai , is also running a Boxing class.

I'm interested in doing this as well , but I have a newbie query.

Feet wise , how do you guys train?

I.e I currently train in Muay Thai Bare Foot , but as there no kicking etc etc in Boxing, I'm not sure if there's any specific footwear required?

Thanks for your time.

oldnovice

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The gym where I've been practising Muay Thai , is also running a Boxing class.

I'm interested in doing this as well , but I have a newbie query.

Feet wise , how do you guys train?

I.e I currently train in Muay Thai Bare Foot , but as there no kicking etc etc in Boxing, I'm not sure if there's any specific footwear required?

Thanks for your time.

There usually is no specific footwear required for training in boxing. That would depend on the trainer too, but a pair of the Chuck Taylor Converse facsimilies that are on the market, would serve your purposes well, IMO.

You can find boxing shoes easily enough on the Internet, but if you decide to go that route, be sure you buy rubber-soled boxing shoes. The old-time boxing shoes, and some still made in Mexico, have leather soles, that are designed to be used with resin, to keep from slipping all over the place. Since most gyms these days wouldn't be too happy with resin all over their ring surface, go with rubber-soled boxing shoes.

You can also find racquetball shoes on the Web, and these would also fit the bill, very nicely.

OP
J

Jutt-

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply man , will look into it:)

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would encourage you to talk with your trainer about what he recommends. Wrestling shoes are usually cheaper than boxing shoes (& they're great to train in). I wouldn't buy boxing shoes unless/until your ready for competition.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most of my boxer's train in a good cross-training shoe. Some have purchased wrestling shoes.

Wear what is comfortable.

Latest Discussions