Boston musician kicked off a UA flight....for reading a book about antique planes!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Absolutely barmy! What is worse is that some of the comments beneath the article are supporting the air-line - that just makes them as stupid as the staff that caused this charade. The only bright light is that at least the officials on the ground took about three seconds to figure out that this was nonsense.

Razor

Green Belt
Reaction score
This reminds me of a case in the UK, where a man was refused entry onto a flight because he was wearing a Transformers t-shirt that had a picture of a Transformer holding a gun on it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7431640.stm Weird stuff...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I guess learning about biplanes makes one really dangerous in an airbus....

I's be more worried when a guy were to read a new Clancy in the plane...

JohnEdward

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't see why anyone is all upset over this rational security concern of a man simply refusing to do what the nice flight attendant told him to do. And the fact he was a security threat for reading a book about planes on a plane, after going through security and being body scanned. Maybe with that fanny pack and after reading about old single engine bi-planes and being a musician, "folk musician" he could "McGyver" his wallet, a guitar pick and the complementary beverage can into a weapon or a bomb. No, he would need to buy an alcoholic drink use the alcohol and the beverage can, and the guitar pick to make the bomb in his fanny pack. I see the rational behind the flight attendants' actions.

I have flown that airline and dislike it allot. The attendants are always pissy, and short of being henchmen and bullies....not nice people at all.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't see why anyone is all upset over this rational security concern of a man simply refusing to do what the nice flight attendant told him to do. And the fact he was a security threat for reading a book about planes on a plane, after going through security and being body scanned. Maybe with that fanny pack and after reading about old single engine bi-planes and being a musician, "folk musician" he could "McGyver" his wallet, a guitar pick and the complementary beverage can into a weapon or a bomb. No, he would need to buy an alcoholic drink use the alcohol and the beverage can, and the guitar pick to make the bomb in his fanny pack. I see the rational behind the flight attendants' actions.

I have flown that airline and dislike it allot. The attendants are always pissy, and short of being henchmen and bullies....not nice people at all.

I think that was the airline who gave me one of the worst flights ever, too...mentioning the pissy attendants brought it all back...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of a case in the UK, where a man was refused entry onto a flight because he was wearing a Transformers t-shirt that had a picture of a Transformer holding a gun on it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7431640.stm Weird stuff...

That's not necessarily true, it's what the guy says happened.
"A BAA spokesman said there was no record of the incident"

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think something may be rotten in Denmark.

Latest Discussions