Books from the Philippines

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard of these books before? My father in law sent them to me. One of them is printed in Tagalog, but it has pictures! They're pretty intereseting.

Andy

Attachments

• $books.jpg
    $books.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 152

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, I have an english copy of the second edition. I Think that MARPPIO is now spearheading the third edition printing as we speak with new pictures.

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
brisbane australia, zamboanga philippines, sorsogo
i have bought all remy presas books last month in the philippines..
the above book cost 135pesos and the blue book modern arnis and its tagalog translation as well cost only 145pesos.... do not pay which is a little over $2 dollars U.S dont pay over $20 or $30 which i have seen advertised in several of the modern arnis websites...

Also i have the entire ernesto presas book collection all of his books cost 250 pesos each he is selling them in his website for $25 and $15 each do not pay this.....

all of the above mentioned books are available at every national bookstore which you will find in every big mall in luzon

thanks

terry

OP
arnisandyz

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry,

Your exactly right. On the back of the book there is a big National Bookstore logo. Not only do they sell books, but they also publish/print. Production quality leaves some to be desired, but as you mentioned, for a couple bucks its well worth the price. I had no idea that people were paying that much for this little book. I guess people tend to take advantage if your an avid Presas fan and can't get to the PI or don't have connections there.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read the English version and I find it very informative and I like it. One of my original instructors, had a copy of the book. I hope to get a copy here real soon for myself. :)

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by moromoro
i have bought all remy presas books last month in the philippines..
the above book cost 135pesos and the blue book modern arnis and its tagalog translation as well cost only 145pesos.... do not pay which is a little over $2 dollars U.S dont pay over $20 or $30 which i have seen advertised in several of the modern arnis websites...

Also i have the entire ernesto presas book collection all of his books cost 250 pesos each he is selling them in his website for $25 and $15 each do not pay this.....

all of the above mentioned books are available at every national bookstore which you will find in every big mall in luzon

thanks

terry
Terry,

Do you have access to where these books are sold? I know that Prof. Presas wrote a book in Tagalog prior to any of his English books and that is the one missing from my collection.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Latest Discussions