Boob tube favorites

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gin-Gin said:
When I had cable, I enjoyed Iron Chef, Emeril, Adult Swim (on Cartoon Network)
...a female that watches cartoons, and animé no less. why can't I find one of those...

goodies have already been mentioned, but I love watching Smallville, Nip/Tuck, The Shield :fanboy:, Rescue Me (two more episodes!!), and I'll watch almost anything on G4 (the geek channel, hehe).

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
...a female that watches cartoons, and animé no less. why can't I find one of those...
Yep. :ultracool Some of my faves are: Cowboy BeBop (love the music as well as the characters & story), Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Big O, Trigun, & Wolf's Rain. For non-animé, I like The Oblongs & Home Movies (in addition to the "regular" shows like Law & Order, Gray's Anatomy, The Ultimate Fighter, Everybody Loves Raymond & History Detectives).

K

Kempogeek

Saturday nights are The Three Stooges on "Stooge-A-Palooza" on a local Chicago channel. Reruns of The Simpsons, Family Guy, The History Channel, occasionally TV Land. I miss, in my opinion, the best years of Nick At Nite when they showed classic shows like Dragnet (Joe Friday Rules!!) , The Patty Duke Show and The Monkess. Aside from The Amazing Race, I stay away from the so called reality shows.......Steve

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mondays are Desperate Houswives and then Eyes

Tuesdays I watch Survivor

Wedesday I watch Numbers

Thursday Discovery Channel or The History channel

Friday I watch House

Saturday is the rugby games - go the ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!

Sunday is CSI

so this generally is my TV Intinirary when Im not training

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gin-Gin said:
Yep. :ultracool Some of my faves are: Cowboy BeBop (love the music as well as the characters & story), Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Big O, Trigun, & Wolf's Rain.
you watch Bebop and Trigun...you're worthy. :D

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
I dispise all those reality based TV shows. I've tried and can't find even one redeeming quality about them. All they seem to teach to the viewer is that who ever can lie, cheat and betray the best wins...not qualities I want my kids to pick up on.
Would you watch a reality show based on Martial Arts? Say day to day training in a Dojo? Doesn't matter what art just one that does that... or maybe one show with 15 min segs of various dojos of various arts..?? heh...

For me I've pretty much given up on commericalized television altogether. If pressed for something to do because of boredom then I'll flick on the History Channel, animal planet, TLC, or HGTV depending upon what's on..though the commericals are just as irritating and too frequent. if nothing catches my eye in five minutes of surfing through any of those... then click it off and either watch a DVD movie or read a good book.

... Or hang out here in MT and watch the topics change... hee hee :D

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
For me I've pretty much given up on commericalized television altogether. If pressed for something to do because of boredom then I'll flick on the History Channel, animal planet, TLC, or HGTV depending upon what's on..though the commericals are just as irritating and too frequent.
... Or hang out here in MT and watch the topics change... hee hee :D
Yep. that's pretty much my take also. I'd rather stop by here and see what's up.
Occasionally, the history or science channel or some home improvement. that's about it. I always thought commericials made any show far too annoying to watch. Then with cable, you still get the commercials AND PAY FOR THE PRIVELEGE!. Nope. I refuse. Ridiculous. BTW. I work for a cable company. :rolleyes:

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My favourites that I try to watch whenever they're shown on Finnish TV: Married with children, Third rock from the sun, Simpsons (early seasons), CSI (CSI Miami is also shown here, but it's not as good), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel... I also enjoy Cold case, though I almost always forget to watch it. Then of course some good quality british sitcoms, such as Coupling

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
someguy said:
More or less I watch Adult swim, History channel, occasionally the food network, and random stuff.
and as for your sig...that lines from the Humanoid Typhoon.

L

lonekimono10

God bless tv land, growing up in the 60's i remember shows that no one else does, like 77 sunset strip, hyway patrol, Rt. 66, Mr Novak
90 Britol court,
i could keep going, oh wait!! you can't forget lost in space
with Dr smith
, now i will be thinking about this all day.

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
lonekimono10 said:
God bless tv land, growing up in the 60's i remember shows that no one else does, like 77 sunset strip, hyway patrol, Rt. 66, Mr Novak
90 Britol court,
i could keep going, oh wait!! you can't forget lost in space
with Dr smith
, now i will be thinking about this all day.
I was also a "Wonder Years" child. My cable company just added a channel called "American Life Network". Besides favorites like you mentioned, it has shows like: Man from UNCLE, Hawaiian Eye, Honeymooners, Combat.

Lost in Space...LOL....."DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!!! DANGER!! DANGER!!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Martial Tucker said:
HAHAHA! I was going to post the same thing. Too funny!

Car 54 Where Are You?, The Fugitive, To Catch a Thief, Hogans Heroes, The Avengers, Marcus Welby M.D. and please don't tell me you didn't watch The Mickey Mouse Club....

kid

Black Belt
Reaction score
I really enjoy a good funny cartoon. Family Guy is so hilarious, and its amazing how much they get away with on air. Another funny one is American Dad, the father is a CIA agent and the show has some great twists on political figures. Like Karl Rove, he made an appearance and was wearing some sort of black robes and pentogram necklases and other "evil" things, every time they said his name wolves would howl and someone would say "did it just get colder in here?" also i enjoy Smallville, its a superman story of before he went to metropolis, and he was learning his abilities and developing them as well as his do gooder adittude. gotta go later

L

lonekimono10

Martial Tucker said:
I was also a "Wonder Years" child. My cable company just added a channel called "American Life Network". Besides favorites like you mentioned, it has shows like: Man from UNCLE, Hawaiian Eye, Honeymooners, Combat.

i love the man from uncle, yea the robot was funny, but Dr Smith was really funny, remember how he would yell(like a woman) LOL!!!! thats funny

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
no ones said reruns of Whose Line Is It Anyway?

I absolutely love that show.
Yes, I enjoyed it too--my favorite guests on that (the American version) were Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady & Colin ? (the guy who is the "Snack Fairy" in the Nabisco commercials).

As for "Classic TV" some of my faves are: Car 54 where are you?, The Munsters, The Addams Family, The Beverly Hillbillies ("Jethrine" :rofl: ), That Girl, The Andy Griffith Show, Hogan's Heroes, The Odd Couple, Star Trek, The Twilight Zone, Get Smart, The Man from UNCLE, Mission Impossible, Emergency (had a crush on Randolph Mantooth :lol: ), Medical Center (also used to have a crush on Chad Everett), All in the Family, The Bob Newhart Show, Mary Tyler Moore, Rhoda, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Hawaii Five-O, Quincy, Kojak, Ellery Queen (with Jim Hutton), Hill Street Blues, Taxi & Cheers.

They just don't make them like that anymore...*sigh*

K

Kempogeek

Gin-Gin said:
Yes, I enjoyed it too--my favorite guests on that (the American version) were Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady & Colin ? (the guy who is the "Snack Fairy" in the Nabisco commercials).

As for "Classic TV" some of my faves are: Car 54 where are you?, The Munsters, The Addams Family, The Beverly Hillbillies ("Jethrine" :rofl: ), That Girl, The Andy Griffith Show, Hogan's Heroes, The Odd Couple, Star Trek, The Twilight Zone, Get Smart, The Man from UNCLE, Mission Impossible, Emergency (had a crush on Randolph Mantooth :lol: ), Medical Center (also used to have a crush on Chad Everett), All in the Family, The Bob Newhart Show, Mary Tyler Moore, Rhoda, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Hawaii Five-O, Quincy, Kojak, Ellery Queen (with Jim Hutton), Hill Street Blues, Taxi & Cheers.

They just don't make them like that anymore...*sigh*
I couldn't agree more. "Unscripted" shows pretty much turned me off of TV. It's all the same BS and no creativity or variety anymore. Thank goodness for TV Land and TV shows on DVD......Steve

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gin-Gin said:
& Colin ? (the guy who is the "Snack Fairy" in the Nabisco commercials).
Colin Mockery. (dunno if I spelled that right)

I recently started enjoying TV again... I hated it for a long time and only watched Cartoons and the occasional NYPD rerun... Now I am intent on Watching The Sheild, Rescue me, and Over There.

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm about 99% sure it's Mochrie, FYI.

My favorites are the serial shows where each episode builds on a previous one. I highly recommend 24, Alias, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I know it sounds terrible if you haven't seen it, especially since the movie was pretty bad, but the show is great), and Angel. Can't go wrong with the Simpsons (esp season 4 and 5) and Family Guy is probably the funniest show I've seen. Everything I've suggested is out on DVD.

Latest Discussions