Black Friday

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am on duty on Black Friday..Hopefully I don't have to go anywhere near a shopping plaza..

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll venture out at 4am Friday to K-Mart or Walmart and be ultra-early to the other places if I go out at all. The monsters that walk on two legs will be out that day.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man oh man did I luck out..I am assigned to dispatch that day..So no worries..Happy Black Friday to all the brave souls who venture out..

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Satelite TV guy is supposed to come Friday so I won't be going anywhere myself.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad I work this friday I do not enjoy the crazyness of shopping with masses of humanity pushing and shoveing each other

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I'll venture out at 4am Friday to K-Mart or Walmart and be ultra-early to the other places if I go out at all. The monsters that walk on two legs will be out that day.
That's what I do. If I have to go out, I'll be there and back before most people even wake up. I'll spend the rest of the day working from home. I have no tolerance for crowds.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We have to assign officers to the local WalMart to prevent violence...as sad as that is.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
We have to assign officers to the local WalMart to prevent violence...as sad as that is.

They had to do that up here yesterday because the new X-Box system had arrived at a local store and they only had 12 and there were about 30 people in line...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know which Walmart Tom's refering to. I refuse to shop there, the majority of the staff and the clientel are too neanderthal like for my tastes. I was there once when there was a stabbing at the bus stop next to it.

I refuse to shop after Nov 20th. I do food shopping, when needed (usually stock up in early Nov to get me through to Feb) and minimize other trips. Theres a 24hr super Walmart 25 min from me that I'll be hitting at 2AM when I need stuff this season. Too many crazys out there.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was a story in our paper about violence at Wal-Mart because of the Xbox. We can blame it on Wal-Mart and Microsoft!

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll be at work, unfortunately. Should be a short day, tho. gotta get out of downtown San Francisco as fast as I can. drives me nuts...

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, since the only Doorbuster Item I wanted I found online for just a few dollars more... I wont be going out tomorrow morning either.

:D

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
I know which Walmart Tom's refering to. I refuse to shop there, the majority of the staff and the clientel are too neanderthal like for my tastes. I was there once when there was a stabbing at the bus stop next to it.

I refuse to shop after Nov 20th. I do food shopping, when needed (usually stock up in early Nov to get me through to Feb) and minimize other trips. Theres a 24hr super Walmart 25 min from me that I'll be hitting at 2AM when I need stuff this season. Too many crazys out there.

I used to work a uniformed off-duty security detail there. The money they paid was great but I think I got into more fights and foot chases working there than I did on the street.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Drac said:
They had to do that up here yesterday because the new X-Box system had arrived at a local store and they only had 12 and there were about 30 people in line...

Same. Same.

3 major stores with lines out the doors and each only had 12-15 machines.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife has volunteered to get up early tomorrow (er, today) to try to get computers for our kids for Christmas. There are some good deals that were advertised in Thursday's paper.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
That's what I do. If I have to go out, I'll be there and back before most people even wake up. I'll spend the rest of the day working from home. I have no tolerance for crowds.

Ne neither! I hate stores this time of the year.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, here I sit, unwilling to venture out after all. It's pouring rain, all the idiots who are new to our area are out there driving like maniacs and navigating the stores no better.

Besides, I am cooking for our 2nd Thanksgiving dinner today and must clean and train tonight.

And it's cold. And ... I don't wanna shop with all the other two-legged monsters.

Latest Discussions