Biting

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is long overdue on my part but I feel I would like to discuss it. I have found it to be such an effective option that I always consider it. I know there are definite disease risks but if I get the opportunity, it's my meanest form of grapple. Fighting makes me hungry I guess. It also seems unexpected. Not that I try to go in chin first but if I had one trademark...
Anyway, who's hungry for discussion?

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kino Mutai -vampfeed-

Source: http://www.fullcombat.com/Articles/Martial Art Styles/Kina Mutai.html
Whenever biting is mentioned, the first thing that usually comes to mind is, "Anyone can bite." In reality, that bland assertion is true, but the difference between "just plain biting" and kino mutai is how to bite, where to bite and when to bite. A kino mutai practitioner’s bite is "uninterrupted." That means he knows the exact places on your body to bite and does so with precise timing. He grabs hold of you using his superior grip strength and bites areas that would take you literally minutes to pull him off. There are more than 140 places on the human body that he can bite for as long as he wants. While biting, he is implementing his knowledge of kinesiology and sensitivity to hang on like a pit bull.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vunak has a tape out on Kino Mutai. I've seen it and he brings up some good points. Like the linked article says, he shows where to bite as well as the proper way.

The thought of biting someone is not a pleasant thought, but then again, is punching someone in the face, kicking someone in the groin or poking someone in the eye? Fighting is pleasant, but if we're training in the arts for SD, then you basically have to do what you have to do. If my life depended on it, then I'd do it if I had to.

Mike

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jeee-zus. Agreement The Fourth.

I would most definitely bite if my life or the lives of my kids were on the line, but damn... with all the hairy stuff folks can catch these days...
scary to think about being forced to use this kind of thing.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jeee-zus. Agreement The Fourth.

I would most definitely bite if my life or the lives of my kids were on the line, but damn... with all the hairy stuff folks can catch these days...
scary to think about being forced to use this kind of thing.
As a last possible resort if he's got you in a choke hold or something that will hurt you worse... throw that thought out the window and go for it because you may have to someday.

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
By law, biting someone and breaking the skin, drawing any kind of blood is considered assult with a deadly weapon in some states.

Reason being is that the human mouth has so many bacteria in it that the wound would definitly becime infected unless treated, and a infection anywhere can move cause permenant injury or even death

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
By law, biting someone and breaking the skin, drawing any kind of blood is considered assult with a deadly weapon in some states.

GREAT. One more thing to think about.

I had a friend that almost lost a hand because he punched a guy in the mouth and got a tooth lodged in his middle knuckle. In less then 24hrs he was in danger of losing HIS HAND. No joke.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Reason being is that the human mouth has so many bacteria in it that the wound would definitly becime infected unless treated, and a infection anywhere can move cause permenant injury or even death
Well not only that but if a person is so bent on doing so they can bite out a major vein or artery along the neck, arms, legs. Where do you think Vampire stories come from?

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well not only that but if a person is so bent on doing so they can bite out a major vein or artery along the neck, arms, legs. Where do you think Vampire stories come from?

From Drac, of course. A vamp has to eat, after all.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score

Did you know that some of the meanest, toughest bacteria in the world exist no were but the human mouth? Seriously. That's why people get sick as much as they do. If you got everything your body was exposed to, you would never get better. But man, some of the things that are in you mouth... scarry.
Anyways, something I used in an argument once. This gentlman thinks he's an MMA fighter (I'll be posting a thread on this later, so you'll get to see it later), anyways. He said if he had the oppertunity, he would put me in an arm bar. I had him demostrate which of the trilions of arm bars he meant. He showd me the standard, both legs across the body, arm across the groin... you know the one I'm talking about. I said, if you put one of your legs across my face like that, I'm just gonna take a bite out of your leg. Somehow, he thinks that he could then still kick me across the face. I doubt it. Even if not, he likes the wrestlers clinch. I'll take a nice bite out of his neck... let him bleed out.

OP
Em MacIntosh

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I kinda got my "philosophy of biting" from a cpr course. I asked "should you roll them onto their side? What if they have a broken neck?".
"If they can't breath, a broken neck doesn't matter." This quickly translates to, "I'll deal with saving my life first, then I'll get tested for disease. There's also a psychological point it gets across to someone very quickly.

I too had a freind who almost lost a hand from punching a guy in the mouth. It bit deep into his middle knuckle and later that night, no word of a lie, it got extra white and puffy around the wound. By the time we got him to a hospital it had swelled like a balloon and he spent 48 hours on an antibiotic I.V. The doctor said he would've lost his hand at the elbow if he had given it another 12 hours. He said the infection had already spread halfway up his arm. Someone wants to consider that before EVER engaging something with teeth, but espeacially the human mouth.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yah, thats why I perfer to punch the nose over the mouth. I don't really want to lose my hands.... I like writing too much.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Did you know that some of the meanest, toughest bacteria in the world exist no were but the human mouth? Seriously. That's why people get sick as much as they do. If you got everything your body was exposed to, you would never get better. But man, some of the things that are in you mouth... scarry.

Yeah, i had the do the "swab out yr spit" experiment in Microbiology class once... ew, the stuff our class grew! Talk about biological weaponry...
icon10.gif

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I too had a freind who almost lost a hand from punching a guy in the mouth. It bit deep into his middle knuckle and later that night, no word of a lie, it got extra white and puffy around the wound. By the time we got him to a hospital it had swelled like a balloon and he spent 48 hours on an antibiotic I.V. The doctor said he would've lost his hand at the elbow if he had given it another 12 hours. He said the infection had already spread halfway up his arm. Someone wants to consider that before EVER engaging something with teeth, but espeacially the human mouth.

AND THAT'S WHY I HATE PUNCHING TO THE FACE!!!

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, i had the do the "swab out yr spit" experiment in Microbiology class once... ew, the stuff our class grew! Talk about biological weaponry...
icon10.gif

In my anatomy class (high school) we did a tour of Iowa Western (I geuss it has a good science program). We could take intro to differnit classes. One of the girls in my class did one of the dental classes. She got 4 of those dishes. Swabbed the bottom of her purse, top of her fridge, her mouth, and I cann't remember what else she had. Wanna geuss what had the most germs? Not her mouth, her purse! Not sure why though.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
In my anatomy class (high school) we did a tour of Iowa Western (I geuss it has a good science program). We could take intro to differnit classes. One of the girls in my class did one of the dental classes. She got 4 of those dishes. Swabbed the bottom of her purse, top of her fridge, her mouth, and I cann't remember what else she had. Wanna geuss what had the most germs? Not her mouth, her purse! Not sure why though.

AND THAT'S WHY I DON'T CARRY A MAN-PURSE!!!

Well, sometimes I do... :D
much more than I punch to the face, that is...

Latest Discussions