Bill “Superfoot” Wallace on Chuck Norris, Dolph Lundgren, Bob Wall and Jean-Claude Van Dam

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill “Superfoot” Wallace on Chuck Norris, Dolph Lundgren, Bob Wall and Jean-Claude Van Damme

It was 1 o’clock, and I was sitting at Jun Chong’s taekwondo school in Los Angeles getting ready to work out. In walked Dolph Lundgren, 6 feet 5 inches tall and built like a brick [outhouse].
He said, “You’re Bill Wallace, right?”
I said, “Yeah, and you’re Dolph Lundgren.”
I stood up and shook his hand. He asked if I trained there a lot, and when I said yeah, he said, “Wow, I’d love to work out with you sometime.” I said, “See you here tomorrow.”
http://www.blackbeltmag.com/daily/m...-lundgren-bob-wall-and-jean-claude-van-damme/

Good read.

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I remember reading Superfoot's column in Blackbelt where he talked about these stars.

The Dolph Lundgren story is a new one. Dolph sounds like a really cool guy.

I read Superfoot story about Van Damme. According to Superfoot, Van Damme was living in his car at the time. Very flexible, but got fatigued very easily.

Superfoot did a column on how people confused movies with real life, when he was training Dorf, he did such a good Dorf was convinced he could beat some professional boxers that were working out in a ring.

I remember Superfoot's column on Jackie and it wasn't exactly positive. There was the difference on how to do the fight scenes. Superfoot also mentioned that he saw Jackie Chan not doing all of his stunts, because Jackie was having back issues. The flipside is that when Wallace left, Jackie did another version of the fights using the Hong Kong Style. Which is why there are two versions of the Protector. Jackie wasn't exactly crazy about him either.

Wallace was also part of the dirty dozen of martial artists who wanted to challenge Steven Seagal to a fight.

Either way, Wallace is a class act. Yes, he is opinionated, but he has the skills and he knows what he is doing. And like a lot of people, I have learned a lot from his work.

Kenpo Missle 47

White Belt
Reaction score
who all were the dirty dozen that wanted to challenge steven segal ? and did steven ever accept a challenge from anybody ?

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
who all were the dirty dozen that wanted to challenge steven segal ? and did steven ever accept a challenge from anybody ?

Here are the details.
http://books.google.com/books?id=-M...wAw#v=onepage&q=dirty dozen, bob wall&f=false

From what I remembered, Segal did nto accept and made some comment how he felt sorry for them.

Apparently it did not work out so well for the Dirty Dozen. I think it was Gene Lebell who said he lost out on some jobs because of the negative publicity.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Latest Discussions