Big fish little girl

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First read the Link and then make comments. My biggest problem with this is the little girl really did not real the fish up but her dad, so how is this a record for her age and size?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe they felt giving her the record for the halibut.

Her father, Charles, who'd helped Tegan crank it from depths of the Pacific Ocean, was tired.
But at six years old, it's reasonable to expect that drawing up a 138 lb fish, still alive and struggling and probably strong enough to yank her right out of the boat would need some help.
The question would lie upon HOW Daddy helped her, by providing stability (i.e. holding the rod and her) while she cranked, which can get tiring after a while for a six year-old... or did he simply "take over" which would have disqualified her actually catching the fish IMO.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I remember fishing off the dock for rock bass with my daughter while up north about ten years ago. She always loved catching the little guys and throwing them back, good way to kill an hour after dinner. This particular day the rock bass were just hiding out and would not come out for the worm she was using for bait. I wondered what was going on, and took a closer look in the water. There was a 30”+ pike sitting there looking at the rock bass. I told my daughter where to drop her line, the worm ended up inches from the pike. The pike grabbed the worm, my daughter dropped her rod on the dock, I picked up the rod and landed the pike as my daughter ran screaming down the dock towards the house yelling, “I caught a big fish!” She was already running and yelling before the fish was outta the water. Cute as Hell though.

I guess if it’s her rod, her line and her bait, it’s her fish.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I remember fishing off the dock for rock bass with my daughter while up north about ten years ago. She always loved catching the little guys and throwing them back, good way to kill an hour after dinner. This particular day the rock bass were just hiding out and would not come out for the worm she was using for bait. I wondered what was going on, and took a closer look in the water. There was a 30&#8221;+ pike sitting there looking at the rock bass. I told my daughter where to drop her line, the worm ended up inches from the pike. The pike grabbed the worm, my daughter dropped her rod on the dock, I picked up the rod and landed the pike as my daughter ran screaming down the dock towards the house yelling, &#8220;I caught a big fish!&#8221; She was already running and yelling before the fish was outta the water. Cute as Hell though.

I guess if it&#8217;s her rod, her line and her bait, it&#8217;s her fish.
The only thing that really SUCKS about that story... no video to record that wonderful event! But the important thing is, it's your wonderful memory and thanks for sharing, put a big grin on my face and made me say Awww!

Latest Discussions