OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
ok.. what next..

Gillette and spychips

http://www.boycottgillette.com/spychips.html

lol...that's some funny extrapolation. RFID, as I know it, is a marketing tool designed to track the path of the package from manufacturer to end user.

The page, itself is a little sketchy. I see that these 'Spychips' have been used in England; but, not in the US. Odd. Moreover, I think it would be very difficult and ineffective to have guards comparing pictures of people to verify purchasing one of these badboys, as the news link states.

I dunno...maybe Snopes has something. It sounds a bit fishy to me.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Neat!

Im gonna go steal razors!

Actually Rob, I dont doubt that about them... a package of 5 blades for a mens razor are like 8-10 bucks a pop.

Im glad I use an old fashioned Mushroom head razor, that takes your standard double sided razor blades... those are only like 3-4 bucks for 10-20 of em.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So knowing this, let's all go to the store and reaarange all the razor blade packages :D

See how much film they got ;)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know the cost of razor blades are getting high but this is riduculas.
Terry

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it is a hoax. First of all the camera shown in the picture is going to only snap the back of the price tag overhang. Secondly, there is nothing any more sinister about RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) tags than the prepaid toll road transponder passes used as (e-passes) for the business person on the go. RFIDs are primarily used for inventory control. Thirdly, RFIDs are passive, meaning they only transmit when they are pinged by another signal. To do what they are proposing in the article, the RFID would have to constantly need to be pinged or would have to be some sort of active device that is always on, which is not the case with RFID.

However, I would get a little worried when they start putting them under the skin of newborn babies in the hospitals. Of course that may happen one day, they are already tagging animals (pets).

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Snopes said it was real, but the Smart Shelf project was scrapped.
Oh really, hmm. I wonder why it was scrapped? My first guess is they were trying to use the RFID beyond it's designed capabilities. That happens alot with new technology.

Sorry, haven't bothered to go read snopes.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
Oh really, hmm. I wonder why it was scrapped? My first guess is they were trying to use the RFID beyond it's designed capabilities. That happens alot with new technology.

Sorry, haven't bothered to go read snopes.

Not at all, I believe it was due to protests against Wal-mart... the testing center.

http://www.spychips.com/rfid_overview.html

It is more than capapble.

Latest Discussions