Biden's people stuff reporter in closet

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
At a recent fundraiser, Joe biden's people stuffed the pool reporter into a closet to keep him from mingling with the high paying guests. Freedom of the press rules!

http://drudgereport.com/flash7.html

From the article:

A "low-level staffer" put Powers in a storage closet and then stood guard outside the door, Powers told the DRUDGE REPORT. "When I'd stick my head out, they'd say, 'Not yet. We'll let you know when you can come out.'"

And no crustini for Powers, either. He made do with a bottle of water to sip as he sat at a tiny makeshift desk, right next to a bag marked "consignment." Powers was closeted at about 11:30 a.m., held for about an hour and 15 minutes, came out for 35 minutes of remarks by Biden and Sen. Bill Nelson, Florida Democrat, and then returned to his jail for the remainder of the event.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So....the story here is really "Washington Reporter comes out of the closet at Biden Fund raiser."

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe he's still bitter about how they all abandoned him during the campaign because Palin was easier on the eyes?

aedrasteia

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bill
What process do you use to check material you post (the stuff that "circulates through the blogosphere"), for validity through primary, reliable sources?

Billcihak said
"At a recent fundraiser, Joe biden's people stuffed the pool reporter into a closet to keep him from mingling with the high paying guests. Freedom of the press rules!

Scott Powers is the reporter.
He can speak (write) for himself apparently.

How my wait in a closet almost brought down the White House
posted by scottpowers on March, 27 2011 8:41 PM

"I was kidnapped.
That was news to me.

My paper and I conspired to cover this up, to protect Vice President Joe Biden and his staff from charges they had imprisoned me at a fundraiser last week.
That was news to me too.

In fact, a lot of details circulating through the blogosphere — and into some mainstream media — about my coverage of Biden’s fundraising visit to a Winter Park home last Wednesday were news to me.

Take a couple details of information, toss them into the Internet and it can become like a child’s game of telephone — with each rendition adding spin and details. Only in this politically-charged environment, those spin and details can crystallize toward scandal. That’s especially true when it involves the vice president of the United States in an administration that has enraged a segment of American society."

full story here: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ne...oset-almost-brought-down-the-white-house.html

"But I discovered that whatever I said was irrelevant to other bloggers and posters who concluded that I was spin-controlling, continuing the cover-up. Some called me a liar and worse. But the real vile was naturally aimed at Biden."

Powers' report on his own experience wasn't hard to find. You/we can have any opinion about this - or any other report - but its worth getting a direct report from the person in the experience - in their own words.
Primary sources.

thanks and best wishes. A

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does Powers' own words contradict anything billcihak posted?

Here’s what happened. I showed up at the private home of developer, philanthropist and political contributor Alan Ginsburg Wednesday morning to file a pool report on the visit there by Biden and U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Orlando. When I arrived I was told I would not be able to speak with any of the people at the party, and that I was to wait in a room until Biden and Nelson arrived. I went in willingly, with the understanding that I was free to leave — but if I left I’d probably have to leave the house entirely, and not get to cover the speeches.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Biden's people stuff reporter in a closet... as god is my witness, I have no idea who to cheer for in this story.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The reporter:

Here’s what happened. I showed up at the private home of developer, philanthropist and political contributor Alan Ginsburg Wednesday morning to file a pool report on the visit there by Biden and U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Orlando. When I arrived I was told I would not be able to speak with any of the people at the party, and that I was to wait in a room until Biden and Nelson arrived. I went in willingly, with the understanding that I was free to leave — but if I left I’d probably have to leave the house entirely, and not get to cover the speeches.

Yes aedrasteia, how exactly am I distorting the story. Also, if this happened during the Bush terms I would like to know about it. If they did it as well, it would be wrong as well. If they did it and it recieved as little attention as this story initially did, that would be interesting to know as well.

did I mean they put a bag over his head and hit him with a sap, I don't think it is implied here.

***I also linked to the story about the incident for people to look it up.

At least you haven't called me a troll yet. I always enjoy that one.

Latest Discussions