Women convinced Obama to intervene in Libya

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who doubted me, and to move this because it was breaking off of the Palin thread I give you news from the Nation, THe New york times, and the washington post, each reporting that the women in the Obama administration pushed for military intervention in Libya, While the military tried to avoid the intervention. If you have a problem with this point of view, please address your issues with one or more of the publications above. As one of my favorite late night talk show hosts says (Craig Ferguson) "CBS cares."

http://www.thenation.com/blog/159346/obamas-women-advisers-pushed-war-against-libya?comment_sort=ASC

From the article:(I would hardly classify the Nation as a "right wing" news source, would you?)

The press is full of reports about how Clinton, Rice and Power pushed Obama to war. The New York Times, citing insiders, reports that Obama shifted to intervention in Libya only under pressure from the trio: “The change became possible, though, only after Mrs. Clinton joined Samantha Power, a senior aide at the National Security Council, and Susan Rice, Mr. Obama’s ambassador to the United Nations, who had been pressing the case for military action, according to senior administration officials speaking only on condition of anonymity.”

Similarly, the Washington Post reports that yet another administration woman, Gayle Smith, joined Ben Rhodes and the troika of other women to push for war: “Obama’s decision to participate in military operations marks a victory for a faction of liberal interventionists within the administration, including Rice, Rhodes and National Security Council senior directors Samantha Power and Gayle Smith.” Opposed, or leaning against, were Secretary of Defense Gates, Tom Donilon, the national security adviser, and John Brennan, Obama’s counterterrorism chief.

The New york Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/19/world/africa/19policy.html

From the article in THE TIMES:

The change became possible, though, only after Mrs. Clinton joined Samantha Power, a senior aide at the National Security Council, and Susan Rice, Mr. Obama’s ambassador to the United Nations, who had been pressing the case for military action, according to senior administration officials speaking only on condition of anonymity. Ms. Power is a former journalist and human rights advocate; Ms. Rice was an Africa adviser to President Clinton when the United States failed to intervene to stop the Rwanda genocide, which Mr. Clinton has called his biggest regret.

I find a lot of things all over the place, doubt me to your peril.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
BilliGoat, I must ask you, what was the point you were trying to make? What I took from this was that the women of the Obama admin were going to make Damn sure that the the Libyan military did NOT murder non-combatants, Period! Are you trying to tell me that it's Bad that women are standing up for human rights and have political power? That's what your title seems to Strongly imply. Back up that assertion with hard data please or retract it.

Lori

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
William Shatner is Canadian. One of those fuzzy little foreigners taking jobs from Americans. Funny choice for an avatar for yourself, I'd think. Just sayin'.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
William Shatner is Canadian. One of those fuzzy little foreigners taking jobs from Americans. Funny choice for an avatar for yourself, I'd think. Just sayin'.

Otoh, some of his arguments boldly go where no rational argument has gone before.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
So wait, your telling me this guy has tin foil on his windows? So the Black Ops' squads helicopters can't find him? And he had an advanced degree in NLP so he can hit the laundry mat to pick up Real Live Women or at least help him shop for his Real Doll? (Because he's a sword expert I wonder how much duct tape that Real Doll has holding her together? Ewwwww.) Is this rdonnavan? Maybe he found some medication that works, well sorta?:idea:

Lori

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So wait, your telling me this guy has tin foil on his windows? So the Black Ops' squads helicopters can't find him? And he had an advanced degree in NLP so he can hit the laundry mat to pick up Real Live Women or at least help him shop for his Real Doll? (Because he's a sword expert I wonder how much duct tape that Real Doll has holding her together? Ewwwww.) Is this rdonnavan? Maybe he found some medication that works, well sorta?:idea:

Lori

:lfao: