Best place to train.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In winer? Indoors!:) Seriously, I think it has a lot to do with preference. But I think its a good idea to practice away from other people if you practice outdoors. That way it won't appear to others as if you're showing off. I practice often in my back yard. No one can see me & its nice & warm (usually) here in Los Angeles.

Another things to consider is: Do you have enough room in your training space? Otherwise, it doesn't matter when you train.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Depends on what you do, where you are and what you like...

Training surface means something, Good, thick Mats are 1st choice IMO no matter what you are doing or where you are.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best place is on thick mats as mentioned for cushioning to joints-longevity in the arts is good. Lots of bags, lots of space, some mirrors are also good. Also airconditioning/heating is usually required unless you live in Los Angeles. Well, they still have smog but winters are mild. sigh! Wouldn't advise outside practice 9-10 months out of the year in Minnesota unless you want to be a frozen statue. Yesterday was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year around here--and it was gloomy. Outside practice requires shoes too, uneven ground, roots, stones, holes, duck ack, all those good things, not. But something to be said for the fresh air. TW

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I prefer in doors, do not have to worry about bad weather, or people around, less distractions, ect.; but I cant really say there is a best place to train, it is just my preference. So long as there are nice mats, its all good.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
The best place to train is where there's an instructor willing to work with you and push you to your limits physically, challenge you mentally, and encourage you spiritually. Any other place is just for practice....

Miles

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Miles said:
The best place to train is where there's an instructor willing to work with you and push you to your limits physically, challenge you mentally, and encourage you spiritually. Any other place is just for practice....
Miles

Double Kudos Miles!!

We had an approximately 50 ft. high hill with a 25 to 35 degree incline which produced many a summer and a couple of winter memories.

Latest Discussions