"Best" Pistol to Own?

AlphaBJJ

White Belt
Reaction score
As many have said, training first with whatever firearm you choose.

Second, choose a model from a reputable maker. Quality counts in this game. Something used by police, military, etc. Not an off brand that someone's uncle who shoots once a year in the gravel pit suggests. You want something with a proven track record.

Now, find one that fits your hand. That you can line up, manipulate, and keep running. That's more important that make or style.

Lastly, for the love of all that's holy, if you're a new shooter or self defense shooter, get a gun that has the same trigger press each time. Disregard any double/ single handgun you look at. Sig makes great ones, it's still two trigger presses to manage and a longer first shot. Lean towards single action or striker fired platforms first. I love 1911's, but that DOES NOT mean they are the best choice for new shooters. It means they fit my hands, I can work them, and the trigger press in the same each time. I often recommend Glock to new people or people having difficulty on our lines due to the above factors AND easy of deployment.

Latest Discussions