Being a Good Uke

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Donald, I wouldn't attribute that injury to being a bad uke. As nage the fellow testing should not have changed gears if you didn't give the extra energy needed to react to the increase in power. I've never attributed injury to someone being a bad uke. If an injury occurs during a technique I've always seen it as my fault for going beyond what my uke could handle, not remembering at what level of training my uke was and so on. Accidents do indeed happen from time to time but most can be eliminated through proper control.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
Glad to see you back in here, Yari. Been a while. How's the family and job going?

Thanks . The job is ok, I can live with it. My daughter is beginning to sleep better, so now I can see my life coming back!

/Yari

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yari said:
Thanks . The job is ok, I can live with it. My daughter is beginning to sleep better, so now I can see my life coming back!

/Yari
Yes, right up until she's old enough to date and then it's YOU that won't be sleeping. :uhyeah:

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
Yes, right up until she's old enough to date and then it's YOU that won't be sleeping. :uhyeah:
By that time I'm expecting that she'll have implanted a GPS, "parent controled" electric (shock) field, cam corder and so on...... :uhyeah:

/Yari

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yari said:
By that time I'm expecting that she'll have implanted a GPS, "parent controled" electric (shock) field, cam corder and so on...... :uhyeah:

/Yari
I'm not sure I WANT that much info. Although the gps and the shock field could be very handy. :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions