Beautiful BS Story

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
So the thread about mystical powers reminds me of a story I've been meaning to share.

A while back (and several partners ago), I was at a party where my dumbass partner was bragging on her 2nd dan boyfriend. Some gangbanger comes up and starts talking at me, ending with the phrase "Well, can karate help you dodge a bullet?"

And I get all excited and say "Funny you should ask, man! Just yesterday my sensei was showing me how. I mean, I can't do it yet, but check this out..." I go on to tell him that if you relax your body totally, the bullet will just rotate your body. It'll hurt like all getout, but you won't die.

The beautiful part is he bought it completely. I swear if I'd had just ten more minutes he would have let me go out back and shoot at him so he could try.

The even more beautiful part is we stayed friendly the rest of the night.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's still one born every minute, apparently! :lol:

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's amazing what people will believe if you say it with authority:lfao:.

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
That was not very nice of you to pick on an idiot like that!!! If he was a gangbanger he had to be a bit 'slow' to begin with!!!!! :lfao:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's amazing what people will believe if you say it with authority:lfao:.

Oh yeah absolutely... I believe that! :wink1: No, really, I do.

Some folks can smell B.S. from a long way off and others show their colors (pardon the pun) when they hear something like that and buy into it, clearly showing that at least HE hasn't ever shot anyone or been shot.

Hope he doesn't try it though, but then what if he catches one in the head? Relax your mind... relax your miiiinnnd. :rolleyes:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear if I'd had just ten more minutes he would have let me go out back and shoot at him so he could try.

The even more beautiful part is we stayed friendly the rest of the night.

Homie read this, though, and he be lookin' to try it on you now, fo' sho'!

Seriously, man-that's hilarious....

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Do you still know this guy...it seems that you would considering that you were "cool" with him for the rest of the night?

And another thing, it was your GF that was talking you up...? Then if it was...what information where you feeding her to where she would want to talk you up like that to the wrong people...lol

OP
B

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you still know this guy...it seems that you would considering that you were "cool" with him for the rest of the night?

And another thing, it was your GF that was talking you up...? Then if it was...what information where you feeding her to where she would want to talk you up like that to the wrong people...lol

Nah...this was almost ten years ago and in another state. It's not like he and I became pen pals.

And the GF was an idiot. The kind of chick who likes dating black belts so she can tell everybody what a tough guy her BF is. I've since wisened up and married a woman with class.

Boomer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've since wisened up and married a woman with class.

Heh...I was told that all the wise people know not to get married!:angel:

Actually...I never knew what true happiness was until I got married.....and then it was too late!

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Funny story. Made me laugh just when I thought the day was going to the dogs. Now I can move on.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Latest Discussions