Batman vs. the Watchmen...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, this topic belongs here in the study because it is about politics in the minds of the authors of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and The watchmen. It is an interesting article that I thought people who don't frequent the sites I go to my be interested in discussing, even though the two topics, the war on terror and Ows have faded or are fading from the public interest...

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/r...heir-breakthrough-graphic-novels/#more-558700

When comic book scholars chart the moment the medium shed its one-dimensional sensibilities and veered toward adulthood, they cite Alan Moore and Frank Miller as the duo that made it possible.
A recent dust up between the two shows that making comics more adult was all they had in common. In response to Miller’s recent characterization of the Occupy Wall Street movement as “nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, an unruly mob, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness,” Moore countered that the protesters represented a “completely justified howl of moral outrage” and have behaved “in a very intelligent, nonviolent way, which is probably another reason why Frank Miller would be less than pleased with it.”

Latest Discussions