Basic daily training

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I find the following combo training are valuable.

1. downward block, vertical punch, front toes kick.
2. side block, grab, pull, horizontal punch, front heel kick.
3. back fist, horizontal back fist, roundhouse kick.
4. upward block, horizontal punch, side kick.
5. jab, hook, uppercut.
6. hook, back fist, over hand.

If you can drill these 6 combos 20 times daily, at least you can maintain your blocking skill, punching skill, and kicking skill.

What's your opinion on this?

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Practice my Amara’s, shadow box with hands and feet. Hit the bag with and without stick.
Play tennis a few times a week.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Your daily training should depend on:

- What new skill/ability that you want to develop.
- What old skill/ability that you want to maintain.

If your toolbox contain:

1. Punch - jab, cross, hook, uppercut, overhand, back fist, hammer fist, side punch, spiral punch, hay-maker, ...
2. Kick - front toe kick, front heel kick, side kick, roundhouse kick, hook kick, back kick, inside crescent kick, outside crescent kick, tornado kick, jumping double front kick, jumping crescent kick, ...
3. Lock - finger lock, wrist lock, elbow lock, shoulder lock, head lock, spine lock, knee lock, ankle lock, ...
4. Throw - single leg, double legs, hip throw, leg twist, leg spring, leg lift, leg block, foot sweep, ...

You will need a lot of training time just to maintain all your effective tools in your toolbox.

Taiji Rebel

Black Belt
Reaction score
Everyday is another opportunity to practice taiji and qigong. Nothing special or spectacular, just focusing on the breath, being aware of the posture and staying calm, relaxed and ready for whatever may happen. Alongside this I read to deepen my spiritual understandings of the martial arts and continue to stay fit and healthy with regular exercise and daily walking.

Latest Discussions