Bak mei kungfu in viet nam

isbal

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah I practiced this form (something like sai ma lin wan). there are other forms found in some PM schools in VN like Dan jing (singular force), even one I don't remember in chinese borrowed from another style by a late master (obviously with PM principles added) : turtle hiding under lotus leave or something like that.

There are definitely differences compared to HK schools, Tsang hue Bok being classified as an "early" disciple compared to the main HK lineages...

VPT

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think I know the Dutch school. Instead of Cantonese they instruct in Hakka, amirite? I am fairly positive that your lineage does not trace to Vietnamese Bakmei, which after all is the topic of this thread. :p Yes, I know, I train non-Tsang Wai Bok lineage as well, but I do like to talk about it too! :D

Knapf, how does your lineage trace to CLC? Does it have any relation to Tsang Wai Bok? :)

I am going to stimulate Bakmei conversation in another thread. ;)

VPT

Green Belt
Reaction score
Everything always traces to China but with Bakmei we are actually talking about a style whose sole founder and first grandmaster died in 1964. Also, maybe 99 % of Bakmei outside China (excluding the Tsang Wai Bok lineage in Saigon, Vietnam) is Jeung Lai Chyun's Hong Kong-era teaching (now I got his name right!). So there's not much space for lineage purism in Bakmei. ;)

However, I am one of the DREADED "history guys"... :D

That's why I'm most interested in when was Bakmei transmitted to Malaysia and by whom. Was it from CLC's (apparently it should be "JLC"...) pre-HK era or after his migration there? :)

Latest Discussions